x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

eating big cheap

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about eating big cheap within the Diet & Bodybuilding category.

Excerpt: a wee bit of a weird question here, whats the cheapest and best way to get CHEAP food to bulk up? i need 3500-5000 calories a day, but am on a student's budget, my pal said to try MREs (military food) as they are high in calories, but they taste nasty, a little better than jail food, but alot worse than fast food....any ideas?

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Good Broly
    a wee bit of a weird question here, whats the cheapest and best way to get CHEAP food to bulk up? i need 3500-5000 calories a day, but am on a student's budget, my pal said to try MREs (military food) as they are high in calories, but they taste nasty, a little better than jail food, but alot worse than fast food....any ideas?

Hey. I'm a student too so I can sympathize. The cheapest foods are (and this is pretty dirt cheap): unsalted peanuts (from bulk section), eggs, oatmeal, kidney beans (it's a pain but you can buy a big bag and make 'em yourself), rice. I buy tuna too, which itsn't too bad. If you buy everything in the biggest bags they have you're all set.

Good Broly
    Best advice I can think of is to probably buy at Sam's Club or a similar store, where you can purchase in bulk. They sell those really large tuna cans, bulk chicken breasts, lean ground meat from turkey or beef, and the list goes on. I personally get most of my protein from powders. Overall it's much cheaper to buy a few giant tubs of protein powder than trying to meet you requirements with whole food. Naturally, whole food taste much better.

I'll agree with the wholesale warehouse...You can buy a ton of stuff cheap....and it last's a while

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Get some powdered milk. When I was in college and couldn't afford a good protein supplement, I'd go with this.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Do you have the old brown bags on the new baige bags of MRE's? Where do you get your's from? If it's free, get use to the taste. I think they taste ok.