Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

eating beef liver for dieting program

emers7698

what's up guys, I have two questions about beef liver, I'm planning to include it in my diet, so I need to know if it contains any fat, and as a protein source it is a good as a slice of steak. Some people say it ia loaded with good stuff, other say it is the filter of the animal and it is full of the bad stuff it was trying to tremove when the animal died, so what is the final verdict on beef liver?

Liver is one of the most nutrient-dense foods in existence. Liver is held sacred by many African tribes, and practically every cuisine has liver specialties. Liver contains more nutrients, gram for gram, than any other food.
Liver is a terrific source of high quality protein, the most concentrated food course of vitamin A, contains the recommended dietary allowance of all B vitamins, an excellent food source of Folic acid, a great source of bioavailable iron, packed with trace elements like zinc, copper and chromium, and a wonderful source of CoQ10.
The liver is often described as an organ that “filters” your blood of toxins, which may seem concerning in terms of eating it. In reality, laboratory analysis has proven that liver has no higher concentration of toxins than the rest of the body. In other words, liver will contain the same amount of toxins as a piece of steak. With that being said I highly recommend trying to source liver raised from completely grass fed cattle or organic free range chickens. Grass fed beef is significantly higher in CLA and omega 3 fatty acids but that is an entirely different article in itself.

Here are the nutrition facts for beef liver. It is a very lean protein source.

Amount Per 100 grams

Calories 165

% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4.4 g6%
Saturated fat 1.4 g7%
Polyunsaturated fat 1.1 g
Monounsaturated fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 355 mg118%
Sodium 49 mg2%
Potassium 150 mg4%
Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g1%
Dietary fiber 0 g0%