x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

To eat or not to eat carbs after a nightime workout?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about To eat or not to eat carbs after a nightime workout? within the Diet & Bodybuilding category.

Excerpt: For example, I workout in the evenings and eat very little carbs, mostly vegetables, as well as protein and some fat. My question is should I be eating a little more complex carbs (rice, potatoes) or stick to a low carb at nightime before going to bed. Stats: I am 6'4", 240;bs, approx 10% bodyfat. My goal is to continuously gain lean muscle, while gaining as least amount of fat. Thanks, Dr. JK

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Pro Bodybuilder

To eat or not to eat carbs after a nightime workout?

For example, I workout in the evenings and eat very little carbs, mostly vegetables, as well as protein and some fat.

My question is should I be eating a little more complex carbs (rice, potatoes) or stick to a low carb at nightime before going to bed.

Stats:
    I am 6'4", 240;bs, approx 10% bodyfat. My goal is to continuously gain lean muscle, while gaining as least amount of fat.

Thanks,
    Dr. JK

Re: To eat or not to eat carbs after a nightime workout?

You should drink a shake with simple carbs after your workout reguardless of when that workout occurs.

Then you should make your next meal one with little fat and complex carbs, think, chicken breast with yams or brown rice.

Your bodies need for nutrients aren't going to change based on When you workout. Besides if your trying to gain lbm then this is the best way to do so. Remember you must consume slightly more cals than you burn everyday.

Quote Quote posted by LeanOnMe
    You should drink a shake with simple carbs after your workout reguardless of when that workout occurs.

Then you should make your next meal one with little fat and complex carbs, think, chicken breast with yams or brown rice.

Your bodies need for nutrients aren't going to change based on When you workout. Besides if your trying to gain lbm then this is the best way to do so. Remember you must consume slightly more cals than you burn everyday.
    Right. Always take in simple sugars, such as dextrose, and whey protein right after a workout no matter what time that is.

Dont worry so much about being at nightime, what's important is that its PW & that's the most importany meal. I have been hitting the gym late over the past month & I haven't noticed any change in body comp as a result of the nightime PW carbs.

Quote Quote posted by Makavelli
    Right. Always take in simple sugars, such as dextrose, and whey protein right after a workout no matter what time that is.

Amateur Bodybuilder

Doc- some very good advice here, implement it in your diet immediately!!!!!!!

Pro Bodybuilder

Thanks for your advice guys. I will implement it right away.

Peace