Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To eat or not to eat carbs after a nightime workout?

Dr. JK

For example, I workout in the evenings and eat very little carbs, mostly vegetables, as well as protein and some fat.

My question is should I be eating a little more complex carbs (rice, potatoes) or stick to a low carb at nightime before going to bed.

Stats:
I am 6'4", 240;bs, approx 10% bodyfat. My goal is to continuously gain lean muscle, while gaining as least amount of fat.

Thanks,
Dr. JK

You should drink a shake with simple carbs after your workout reguardless of when that workout occurs.

Then you should make your next meal one with little fat and complex carbs, think, chicken breast with yams or brown rice.

Your bodies need for nutrients aren't going to change based on When you workout. Besides if your trying to gain lbm then this is the best way to do so. Remember you must consume slightly more cals than you burn everyday.

LeanOnMe said:
You should drink a shake with simple carbs after your workout reguardless of when that workout occurs.

Then you should make your next meal one with little fat and complex carbs, think, chicken breast with yams or brown rice.

Your bodies need for nutrients aren't going to change based on When you workout. Besides if your trying to gain lbm then this is the best way to do so. Remember you must consume slightly more cals than you burn everyday.

Right. Always take in simple sugars, such as dextrose, and whey protein right after a workout no matter what time that is.

Dont worry so much about being at nightime, what's important is that its PW & that's the most importany meal. I have been hitting the gym late over the past month & I haven't noticed any change in body comp as a result of the nightime PW carbs.

Makavelli said:
Right. Always take in simple sugars, such as dextrose, and whey protein right after a workout no matter what time that is.

Top Bottom