Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

eat big get big gains

how many cal/protein you consume a day ??

• 3000/100gr protein

Votes: 218 33.1%
  • 4000/200gr protein

Votes: 300 45.6%
  • 5000/300gr protein

Votes: 91 13.8%
  • +more than above

Votes: 47 7.1%

• Total voters
smaller said:
I'm hitting about 300 p a day /250 carb / and 90 fat. I'm 5'6 and 185 @10%. I can't eat much more though - but I'm paying the price b/c I've not gained an lb in 4.5 months!!!!
you are just shooting yourself in the foot bro....trust me, I did it (underate) for 2 years...........finally learn that food is the most anabolic means out there.........well, didn't just LEARN it, I applied it..............

The problem with eating more is that I have to carry more food to school with me everyday. I'm in school from 9-9 m-f and food can only last so long unrefridgerated. This actually a big source of frustration for me at the moment because my training is stagnating as well and I'm sure what else I can - besides joining the 'Kill that Shit Administration'

GhettoStudMuffin said:
Of course I'm not concerned with abs or carrying extra bodyfat. When I'm +250-260lbs and can bench over 400-450, squat over 750 and deadlift over 700, then I'll consider dieting for some abs. I'd rather be real big and real strong and a little chubby than small to medium with a 6 pack. Once I've got the size and strength, than I'll cut the fat and voila, pimp juice.

Everyone's got their own method. :chomp:
It depends on your goals, see if your just lifting for sport and fun then this method would be of use.

But if your serious about gaining size and putting on muscle(competition wise) then i think it would be best to have direction and monitor your progress. by just blowing all the way up and then cutting down will not tell you how much muscle is being put on, as opposed to eating big but clean so you can remain some what lean to continue to see your progress as far as muscle growth is concerned(which areas need work etc.). Blowing all the way up then cutting down is like going in blind, guessing and hoping for the right results. where as taking your time and keeping an eye on your progress will reap much better benefits and give you a realistic assessment of your physique. Real muscle growth takes time but some people think that they are shortcutting this time by just blowing up but when they diet down the reality of how much muscle they really put on sets in(not to mention the shaping and forming of the muscle) , so I say why not do it right the 1st time. peace

New_Mass said:
It depends on your goals, see if your just lifting for sport and fun then this method would be of use.

But if your serious about gaining size and putting on muscle(competition wise) then i think it would be best to have direction and monitor your progress. by just blowing all the way up and then cutting down will not tell you how much muscle is being put on, as opposed to eating big but clean so you can remain some what lean to continue to see your progress as far as muscle growth is concerned(which areas need work etc.). Blowing all the way up then cutting down is like going in blind, guessing and hoping for the right results. where as taking your time and keeping an eye on your progress will reap much better benefits and give you a realistic assessment of your physique. Real muscle growth takes time but some people think that they are shortcutting this time by just blowing up but when they diet down the reality of how much muscle they really put on sets in(not to mention the shaping and forming of the muscle) , so I say why not do it right the 1st time. peace

Agreed, but many of us still undereat big time when trying to put on mass..........

RussianRocket said:
When you're undisciplined, you pay for it. I always sigh when I hear people say "eat everything in sight" when bulking. I mean common, saying "I'll gain some extra fat anyway" is just a lame excuse for eating 500 cals over what you really need to grow. Get enough protein in your system, eat quality carbs and fat, and I guarantee you can grow with very minimal fat gains. I've maintained sub- 9% BF during my bulking cycle because I was disciplined as hell. Last year, I just ate everything in sight - milk, kraft dinner, fatty beef... hell barely any junk food at all, and I ballooned to 15% BF. At least the sight of my abs dissapearing is enough motivation to eat well.
agreed, but abs will and should disappear some when really bulking

That , my new friend, is what is EXACTLY holding me back.........I'm sitting at 7-8% bf and trying to bulk hard, but I'm so scared to lose them abs.....such a flippn mind game..........what does your diet look like? Stats?

I've tried eating big and clean before and I have never gotten really good results.... then I started eating everything I could get my hands on and I noticed more muscle growth and more size. I was 113lbs last year this time and I just broke 130lbs this week. Legs are growing, biceps look better, I don't see my abs but I'm lucky that I am one of the women that just doesn't care too much about that right now I am looking for the long run, it will pay off. I can cut down really easy and anything would be better than looking so skinny on stage last year so I am good with 4-5 meals a day with brutal fat content just as long as I get some protien. :chomp:

JKurz1 said:
That , my new friend, is what is EXACTLY holding me back.........I'm sitting at 7-8% bf and trying to bulk hard, but I'm so scared to lose them abs.....such a flippn mind game..........what does your diet look like? Stats?
Im currently eating close to 4000 cals ed.
6ft
currently 240 and still in a bulking phase

I'm not totally kamikaze with what I eat and I always make sure I get alot of protein in.

I don't mean turning into a complete and total fatty, but also I'm not worrying about my bf% too much so long as my measurements increase and my strength keeps going up.

In the last 3 months I have put on about 14lbs and a little bit of it is fat. On the other hand my arms have grown 1.25" so you do the math lol. Roid free.

Also, the old school "BULK UP" method does work. If my arms weren't getting any bigger and other measurements weren't going up then I'd start worrying. If my weights weren't climbing then I'd get concerned.

You can bulk up while staying relatively lean, but it's gonna take you alot longer to gain the size I can in less time with more fat, and by the time I finish dieting I'll still have done it faster than the guy that tries to maintain some uber strict diet all the time for fear of losing his "abs".

At least, that's my opinion.

TRUEsoldier said:
ACtually Bro, I dont know when you ate an MRE last, but they have gotten alot better, I have aten them for about 6 years now, so I might be numb to them...but, they actually ahve some pretty healthy ones, where you can get a pretty good meal out of. but the tobasco sauce is true for most people, but I dont like it either, so lifes a bitch

this is true, mre's are a lot better but you can get sick of them fast. the cheese that comes in almost all of them is shitty plain or jalepino, but the chicken and salsa is on point. if you can get your hands on the cold weather mre's they are ok also but they take a little longer to cook because a lot of it is freeze dried.

Top Bottom