Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

EASY- High Protein-Low carb recipes

Oriental Chicken Salad

Protein: 28 g's- Carbs: 6 Serves 6-8

1 med. onion halved with 4 garlic cloves
2 carrots,peeled and cut into 3 pcs.
1 bay leaf
12 whole peppercorns
6 chicken breasts , halves,bone in
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 LOW sod. soy sauce
1/2 med. red onion finely chopped
2 scallions
2 pickles sliced thin
1/2 cup coriander-chopped
Black pepper to taste

Measure 4 cups of water into a large, heavy pot. Add onion,carrots,bay leaf,parsley,peppercorns. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat,uncovered for 15 minutes.
Add chicken breasts,bring again to a boil,reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
Tear chicken into large chunks and put them in bowl with the olive oil. Let stand at room temp for 15 minutes. Add vinegar,soy sauce,red onion,scallions,pickles,and coriander, toss and season with black pepper.

ENJOY!

Venison Osso Buco

(You could use beef as well)My hubby is a avid hunter so we eat a lot of wild game!

8 1 inch thick slices of deer hind shank
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbs. butter
1 large onion-chopped
3 carrots finely sliced
3 celery stocks-cubed
3 garlic cloves crushed
1 cup game stock( or low sod. beef stock)
1 can diced Italian 'maters( tomatoes)
1 cup white wine
2 bay leaves
pepper to taste
1 lemon zest
1/4 cup chopped parsley

In a casserole. brown shank slices over HIGH heat in the olive oil and butter. Set aside
In the same casserole,gently cook the veggies for 3-5 minutes,over med. heat without browning them.
Add meat slices and remaining ingred.,except the lemon zest and parsley.
Simmer over low heat until the meat is tender, approx. 45 min- 1 hour.
Season to taste and add lemon zest and parsley
Serve immediately, accompanied with a risotto or brown rice.

ENJOY!

Crab and Artichoke Crustless Quiche

Makes 6 svgs.- each svg- 17 gram sprotein- 6 grams carbs

2 tbs. butter(un-salted)
1/2 cup chopped shallots
1 diced red bell pepper
15 oz. artichoke hearts-canned in water,drained and chopped
6 oz. canned crabmeat,drained,chopped
2 tbs. grated lemon zest
2 tbs. parsley-minced
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups all dairy heavy cream
3/4 cup Monterey Jack-grated, or feta cheese
1 tbs. Parmesan cheese -grated
black pepper to taste
dash cayenne pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over med-high heat. When butter is bubbly, add shallots and bell pepper and saute.-stirring often- approz. 5 minutes. Mix in chopped artichokes,crab meat,lemon zest and parsley. Cook and stir 5 minutes. Remove from heat-set aside.
In a large bowl,using fork,whisk eggs,cream,grated cheese black pepper and cayenne pepper. Gently stir in artichoke and crab mixture. Pour filling into a buttered 8 inch square baking dish. Sprinkle w/ parmesan cheese and bake until golden brown and puffed up-approx. 25-30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before diving in!

ENJOY!

Love Curry?

Pineapple Curry with Shrimp

1 pint coconut milk
2 TBS. red curry paste
2 TBS/ Fish sauce
1 tsp. sugar
8 oz. shrimp-shelled and deveined
6 oz. pineapple-crushed or chopped
2 red chillies-chopped

In a pan bring 1/2 the coconut milk to a boil.Add red curry paste and simmer on low for 10 minutes.Add fish sauce and sugar.Stir in rest of coconut milk and bring back to boil.Add shrimp and pineapple. Reheat til boiling and simmer for addt'l 5 minutes, until shrimp is cooked. Add chillies to top as garnish.

The delicate sweet and sour flavor of this curry comes from the pineapple. The mix of the shrimp give it a delish flavor.

ENJOY!

Curried Devil Eggs-Dear God I love these babies! Yum Yum

8 hard boiled eggs
1/4 cup mayo
1 TBS. Sweet pickle juice
1 tsp. clasic yellow mustard
1/4 tsp. salt( I've omitted salt and they still taste good) I just add extra pepper!
pepper to taste

Peels eggs,halve them lenghtwise,remove yolks and place the yolks in a food processor. Transfer egg whites to plate. Process yolks until smooth. Add all other ingred. and process until smooth again. Stuff the egg whites and place onto a plate.Store in air tight cont. in fridge.

Per serving: 1 gram carb, 6 gram protein.

ENJOY!

Broiled Eggplant

makes 4 side dishes- Each serving- 7 grams protein- 4 gram carbs

I large egplant(peeled)
1/4 cup pure pressed virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cups Basic Tomato sauce Or Basil Pesto Sauce
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried basil
black pepper to taste
1/2 cup grated Parmesan chesse

Preheat broiler. Slic eggplant into 1/2 inch thick rounds. Lightly oil a baking sheet.

Using a pastry brush, or a spoon if you have too, brush one side of eggplant rounds with olive oil. Arrange in a single layer,loive oil side UP, onto baking sheet. Broil 10 minutes,about 4 inches from heat. Turn slices and spread tomato sauce on top side of eggplant. Sprinkle w/ oregano,basil and black pepper. Broil 5 - 10 minutes until eggplant is tender. Sprinkle w/ Parmesan cheese and serve hot.

ENJOY!

vixensghost said:
Curried Devil Eggs-Dear God I love these babies! Yum Yum

8 hard boiled eggs
1/4 cup mayo
1 TBS. Sweet pickle juice
1 tsp. clasic yellow mustard
1/4 tsp. salt( I've omitted salt and they still taste good) I just add extra pepper!
pepper to taste

Peels eggs,halve them lenghtwise,remove yolks and place the yolks in a food processor. Transfer egg whites to plate. Process yolks until smooth. Add all other ingred. and process until smooth again. Stuff the egg whites and place onto a plate.Store in air tight cont. in fridge.

Per serving: 1 gram carb, 6 gram protein.

ENJOY!

Oh wow! I could eat the whole batch!! :p

For Jen after her dieting.....

Hummus- God, one of my favorite type foods!

2 cans (30 oz) garbanzo beans-drained and rinsed.
2 miced garlic cloves
4-6 TBS. fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup sesame tahini
1/4 cup pure-pressed x-tra virgin olive oil
1/4 to 1/2 cup water-as needed to thin
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
dash of paprika

In a food process. combine drained beans with garlic,lemon juice,sesame tahini,oil,water,cumin,cayeene pepper until well blended. Tste, and adjust seasonings,adding more leomin juice if desired.

To serve, mound dip in a med. bowl.Sprinkle with paprika and surround with cut up raw veggies or Peta bread.(I love Peta bread from Lebanon) I make a spcial trip up to Dearborn, Mi. to get the Peta bread. REAAAL TREAT FOOD FOR ME!

makes 2 1/2 cups. Each servings 7 grams protein-16 grams carbs.

Turkey Stuffed Mushrooms

Makes 6 servings: each serving 9 grams protein- 1 gram carb

I bunch spinach equal to about 1 cup cooked spinach, well drained, or 8 oz package frozen soinach,well drained!
12 large stuffing mushrooms
2 TBS. pure pressed virgin olive oil
1/2 lb turkey-(yes, you can use any ground meat you desire)
2 TBS. unsalted butter
1/2 cup chopped red onion
2 minced garlic cloves
1/4 cup minced celery
1/2 chopped raw pecans or almons if you wish
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 dried thyme
black pepper to taste
2 TBS. grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375. Was spinach well, removing stems. With water still clinging to leaves,place in a heavy saucepan with a tight fitting lid. Turn heat to med.-high heat and steam til leaves are wilted,approx. 2-3 minutes. Drain in colander,pressing out allll liquid. Chop fine and set aside.
Wipe mushrooms clean. Remove stems and chop stems fine and set aside. Using your fingers,rub tops of musgrooms with olive oil.
Crumble turkey into hot frying pan and brown over low heat. Transfer browned meat into bowl.
In a clean skillet,melt butter over med-high het. When butter is hot and bubbly,add onion,garlic,celery. Saute until soft and light brown.-approx 5 minutes. Add peacans or almonds,thyme,oregano,black pepper,chopped spinach and mushroom stems. Mix well and saute for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let micture cool a bit. Combine with turkey in a med bowl.
Mound a round TBS. of turkey mixture into each mushroom cavity. Arrange filled 'shrooms on a lightly greased cookie sheet,sprinkle w/ Parmesan cheese and bake for 15 minutes. Serve hot.

ENJOY!

Top Bottom