Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

EASY- High Protein-Low carb recipes

This is a lil treat for when you are craving something and do not want to reeeeallllly blow it outta the park.

Marshmallow Treats

32 large marshmallows or 3 cups mini 'mallows
1/4 cup reduced calorie margarine( I hate this stuff- but it serves it's purpose in this situation)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
5 cups Whole Wheat flake cereal. You can use puffed wheat, toasted oats or cornflakes too. I prefer the WHOLE WHEAT CEREAL.

Spray a greased pan, 9x9x2 inches, with nonstick cooking spray. Heat marshmallows and margarine in a 3 qt saucepan over low heat until melted and mixture is smooooth. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Add 1/2 the cereal at a time, stirring until evenly coated. Press in pan. Cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.

Makes 36 squares(each): 4 grams carbs, 25 cals( if counting) 0 protein ,1 gram fat

ENJOY!

Jello fat free chocolate pudding mix, two scoops of protein powder, two cups of skim milk. Makes a pretty good high protein pudding that satisfies my eternal chocolate cravings.

Rebecca D

Rebecca D said:
Jello fat free chocolate pudding mix, two scoops of protein powder, two cups of skim milk. Makes a pretty good high protein pudding that satisfies my eternal chocolate cravings.

Rebecca D

I'm not sure about you, but when I get the hankering for something sweet, I need to sink my teefers into it. :)

vixensghost said:
I'm not sure about you, but when I get the hankering for something sweet, I need to sink my teefers into it. :)

That would be my secret stash of hershey's dark chocolate bars. (Gotta keep some things from the kids and the husband).

RebeccaD

lol@ Becca.

I thought I'd throw the good, the bad and the ugly in this thread.

The Good oils:

Flaxseed
Pumpkin Seed
Soybean
Walnut
Canola

Second Best:

Almond
Virgin Olive
Safflower
Sunflower
Corn
Sesame
Rice Bran

The Bad Oils:

Peanut
Cottonseed

The Ugly Oils:

Palm
Palm Kernel
Coconut

***Fresh unprocessed, cold-pressed oil that has NOT been hydrogenated***

Endive Gratinees

3 medium endives ( about 3 ounces each) cut in 1/2 lenghtwise and rinsed\1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp. salt
1 ounce Swiss cheese, shredded.

In a 8x8x2 inch mico. dish arrange endive 1/2's, cut-side down, add water and salt. Cover with vented placsic wrap amd nuke on HIGH for 4 minutes. Let stand for 1 minute, drain endives. Sprinkle endives with cheese and nuke on HIGH , uncovered, for 1 minute, until cheese melts.

Makes 2 servingsd:5 g's protein, 5 g's carbs.

ENJOY!

Fish Tacos? Oh yeah, I think they are YUMMMMEEEEEE.

2 pounds fish steaks- salmon, red snapper, bass, etc- USE what fish is your favorite)
1-2 tsp. chili powder
cayenne pepper to taste
2 Tbs. pure-pressed extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbs. fresh lemon or lime juice
8 whole wheat or corn tortillas
2 cups shredded green cabbage
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
2 sliced ripe avocados
2 chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup salsa( no sugar added if store bought) I think I have a salsa recipe in this thread somewhere too.

Rinse fish under cold water and pat dry w/ paper towels. Cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks. Sprinkle with chili powder and cayenne pepper.

In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over med-high heat. When oil is hot, add fish chunks. Saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes,turning occasionally. Sprinkle w/ lemon or lime juice.

Heat torts between paper towels and nuke in microwave on high 10-20 seconds.

Fold tort in 1/2 and fill w/ sauteed fish. Add cabbage, cilantro,avocado and 'mater. Top with salsa.

ENJOY!

These are a healthier biscuit "cheat".

Oatmeal Drop Biscuits

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3 ozs. uncooked quick oats
2 Tbs. finely packed dark brown sugar( I use brown sugar from the the health food store that has not been processed) You can use reg. dark brown sugar however!
1 Tbs. grated orange peel
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. gound cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
dash of salt
1/4 cup butter ( margarine works too if you must)
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup raisins ( I've used cranberries and blueberries before too)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a lrg. mixing bowl, combine whole wheat flour, oats, sugar, orange zest,baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. With a pastry blender,or 2 knifes, use cross scissors-fashion type mixing motions,cut in butter til mix resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk,raisins and stir to form a thick batter. Mix will be lumpy.

Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a non-stick baking sheet formimg 12 biscuits and leaving 2 inches 'tween each biscuit on baking sheet. Bake until biscuits are golden brown, approx.17-20 minutes. Cool and ENJOY!

Each biscuit: 23 grams carbs- 3 g's protein.

'Tater Salad Quickie

5 Med. red potatos( peeled if desired) I like the skins cuz that is where all the vits are.
2 diced celery stalks
1 small diced red onion
2 Tbs. fresh parsley chopped
3 peeled anf diced hard-boiled eggs
1 diced red bell pepper
8 green beans, ends trimmed,sliced into 1-inch pcs. and steamed til tender.

Boil taters until just tender, about 10-15 minutes. Drain and let cool. Toss taters with the recipe below until well coated.

'Tater Salad Dressing:

2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1 egg yolk
1 minced garlic clove
black pepper to taste
1/4 Cup pure-pressed extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbs. fresh chives

In a small bowl, using a fork, whisk lemon juice,,ustard.egg yolk,garlic,pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking continuously. Add chives and stir til well blended.

Makes 6 side-dish servings- Each svg- 7 g's protein- 8 g's carbs.

ENJOY!

I'm always looking for ways to spice up my chicken and fish. Here is a lil sauce that will make your chicky cluck and your fish swim in yummy flavor. :) Of course you can use this on your red meats too.

2/3 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup evaporated skimmed milk
3 Tbs. whipped cream cheese
2 Tbs. mayo ( IF you must; low fat or fat free can be used)
2 Tbs. lemon juice
1/2 clove garlic
1/8 tsp. black or white pepper
1/2 Cup firmly packed basil leaves

In a blender combine all ingreds. except basil and process on HIGH for 2 minutes,scraping down the sides of container. Add basil and process til smoooooooth.Transfer to bowl, cover with plastic wrap and throw in the fridge until ready to use.

Makes 8 servings(1/4 cup each svg.): 4 g's protein and 4 g's carbs.

Enjoy!

Top Bottom