Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

dumb question, sorry, how many carbs in 1/2 cup oats COOKED

110%

ok i know cooking the oats changes the carbs, there are 27 grams carbs in my oats dry of 1/2 serving, how many carbs would there be cooked, is it possible to figure this out with an amount of cooked oats or is this too hard as the amount of water u put in is gonna affect how much they grow when cooked, plus you can smash them down when cooked. help for dumb question plz.

If you're cooking it with water, the carb content wouldn't change....if you're using milk that's a whole other story...

30 grams for whole oats........

cooked or uncooked, dosn't change

Just measure the oats before you cook them....its that easy. Thats what I do every morning

are you guys sure? i have always heard cooking the oats causes the carb content to change (i cook them with water in the microwave), i alwas see like 1/2 cups dried oats to have the same carb content as 1 cup cooked in mags and stuff, so you guys are saying 1/2 cup oatmeal is around 30 carbs?

110% said:
are you guys sure? i have always heard cooking the oats causes the carb content to change (i cook them with water in the microwave), i alwas see like 1/2 cups dried oats to have the same carb content as 1 cup cooked in mags and stuff, so you guys are saying 1/2 cup oatmeal is around 30 carbs?

Yes, I'm positive. Oatmeal is like rice, it expands after you cook it. Measure it before you cook it, and your fine.....

As long as they are 100% whole oats, they should be 30 grams

Top Bottom