Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Drinking water to lose water?

Buld0g

How much water should I drink a day. I'm a little confused, because as you know, a guy who competes will drink several gallons a day and taper down towards show time. Then the last day or two they stop water intake all together. Then they carb load and cut sodium..blah blah blah, you guys know the routine. But what about a guy like my self who wants to look dry and hard all year round. I'm not lookin to be my best just for one certain day. So how much water should a guy drink if he wants to look "pretty good" all the time, as oppose to "looking amazing" for only that one day. They say the more water you drink, the less you hold. But can one honestly say I'll look leaner and harder by drinking 5 gallons a water a day as oppose to one glass. I just need someone to clear the whole science of "holding water" up for me. No one can ever really answer this question clearlly for me.

diamonddiceclay ... OK but my question is, will I look dryer if I drink one gallon a day for a week straight, or two gallons a day for a week straight. There must be some cut off point where even though you drink more to loss more, there as gotta be a point where to much will bloat you. If you drink 5 gallons a day will you hold less water. I don't under stand it completely.

The more you drink the less you will hold. In times of dehydration your body perceicves danger and thus holds water as insurance. When the water is plentiful there is no perceived danger so there is no need for the insurance. If you are constantly well hydrated it would be a burden for your body to hold onto more water than it needs, so it gets rid of the excess for efficiency purposes.

Beezers said:
The more you drink the less you will hold. In times of dehydration your body perceicves danger and thus holds water as insurance. When the water is plentiful there is no perceived danger so there is no need for the insurance. If you are constantly well hydrated it would be a burden for your body to hold onto more water than it needs, so it gets rid of the excess for efficiency purposes.

Damn good explanation!

I'm with you.. I'd like to see some science here myself.. If I get some more time later, I'll pull out some books and do some research. If I find somthing good, I'll post it.

kevin7

Don't ask me why, but some competitors I've talk to tell me that sipping water slowly as oppose to gulping it down makes a huge difference in how they look before a show.

I've noticed that if I take smaller sips throughout the day, I hold less water the next day as opposed to drinking it very quickly.

Top Bottom