Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Drinking Fruit Juice Daily (OJ, Grapefruit, etc.)...

vtec96

How bad is it to drink Fruit Juices daily? I was concerned about them causing extra stomach acid and too much fruit juices & liver glycogen? I am NOT worried about extra carbs since im bulking and will adjust for any amount of juice I drink....
There is also "low acid" OJ out there now that I buy.... Would this be better? Would 2 8oz cups per day be good? :drink2:

a piece of fruit is way better than juice (I mean OJ not the other juice :D )

OJ has fewer fiber than the whole fruit
its GI is much higher
it has less vitamin C

Maybe so,

but you can't wash down that oatmeal and eggs with an orange can you?

I dare say OJ has been given a bad rap. If your on a bulking cycle I say drink up. The vitamin C is good for you as well as the potassium.

A much healthier drink then OJ as far as vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber is to make your own morning juice from either frozen of fresh berries. Here is a page with the recipe.
http://www.eatprotein.com/recipes.php3
That concotion has about twice the vitamins of OJ and much less sugar. Hell it has more antioxidants then spinach. They sell mixed frozen berries fairly cheaply at the supermarket. All you need to do is throw em in the blender with some water and if you want some sweetener and you are set. It tastes excellent.

Why you would like to drink juices instead of eating those fruits, is because when you make juices, the absorbtion goes faster. When you eat the fruits, it takes longer to absorb.

I say it's a must to eat vegetables and fruits, some of the fruits contain all the proper minerals and vitamins that your body needs. They also strengthen your immune system.
Peace

Top Bottom