Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

dried fruits as pre work out snack

SanteMost

I was wondering if dried fruits could be a a good energy source before lifting , I always drink my pre work out beverage but that feeling of having an empty stomach is very uncomfortable. I feel the necessity of solid food and dried fruit is very easy to carry and eat ,instead of having like full breakfast meal, thanks for any tips. Too many cards in the dry fruit, I'm trying to cut about 15lbs of bodyfat.

the best thing you can do is stop drinking your pre workout and use FOOD for fuel

dried fruit problem is they usually add sulfites to them, plus you are losing the nutrition

this is what i would eat 1 hour before a weight training workout:

2 eggs, sweet potato, piece of whole fruit. that will give you energy trust me

if you are doing hard cardio eat 2 hours before:
sweet potato, brown rice.

Fruit is not the best option. It's fine in moderation but fruit is very high in sugar and will elicit an insulin spike.

What you want before your workout is something high in protein, high in complex low GI carbs and low-moderate in fat. Something like a bowl of oatmeal with whey protein isolate and some natural almond butter mixed in.

My vote would be to buy a tub of good quality whey isolate (I use wheytobuildmuscle from n2bm.com), a bag of oatmeal and a jar of natural almond butter. Try that before your workout. It'll give you sustained energy and stable blood sugar levels.

This is a prime example of when you should listen to your body. Your body is asking for food and that is the exact fuel you need for a workout. Just think about it......you need food to survive, not caffeine. You should be relying on food to fuel your workouts, not a shake that is just pushed by a marketing and sales machine called a supplement company!

A lot of people feel discomfort drinking preworkout on an empty stomach, some even get diarrhea from it.

However, drinking preworkout on a full stomach will blunt the effect of it and you will barely feel anything from the shake.

My suggestion would be to have a solid meal one or two hours prior to training.

Top Bottom