Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Double yolked egg?!?!

Tienika

When I was going to cook myself some omelette today, one of the eggs had two yolks. Is that normal? I mean – I smelled the egg, and it did not have any particular smell – just an ordinary egg. Outside the shell was a bit longer than usual, but nothing really special either. Are those eggs fine to eat?

These eggs are perfectly fine to eat, and they will have the exact same properties as any other eggs. There can be several reasons for this to happen – either the chicken is old, or too young, and their egg laying systems are not functioning properly. It is also possible when the chicken is given antibiotics and hormones to promote more active egg laying. Finally, this can be due to excessive confinement, and as a result of a random mutation. The probabilities of getting these eggs is estimated to be 1 out of 1000. Just FYI – I am not an egg guru – it just happened to me once as well, and I did some research on the topic.

You will not believe that - today I got another two eggs like this from the same batch!! Either I am extremely lucky, or there is definitely something wrong with the chickens.

Top Bottom