Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are donairs healthy?

tangaman99

I'm doing a cutting cycle and I'm watching what I eat very carefully, I was wondering if donairs are a good meal to include in my diet. They are basically a small meal and what i like about it is that it contains 1 carb, 1 protein and 1 portion of vegetables, plus they taste so good lol.
Any way to make healthy Donairs?

Any donair from a fast food or donair shop is not healthy at all. The donair meat is full of fat and the donair sauce is full of empty calories and very high in sugar.

Donairs are basically fast food. They are not healthy and shouldnt be regularly included in your diet.

If you like donairs, you could very easily make a sort of 'mock' healthy donair. Buy a 100% whole grain corn tortilla and fill it with slice chicken breast, and veggies. I like to add lettuce, pickles and tomatoes. I then add mustard to it.

The condiments mustard, soy sauce and hot sauce have no calories per serving and can be eaten to your hearts content while on a cutting diet.

As long as you do homemade donairs, where you know exactly where the meat comes from, and what is inside, they are fine to eat. However, those donairs you get from fast food places have a lot of junk food. I personally know that the meat they put contains the remains of meat and other parts of animals that they can not sell, and they fill them with species in order to cover up a bad taste. The same thing goes with hamburgers - they are fine to eat when you do them yourself with high quality ingredients.

I would always make my own. You never know what kind of added fats and such that you don't know are in there. When you make your own you know you are only getting good quality calories in there and can tweak it to fit your macros.

Top Bottom