Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Doing a keto diet for over a week and no signs of keto. HELP!!!!

duritz

Banned
i have been doing a keto diet for over a week and i have no signs of ketosis on the KEtostix. First week i lost a lot of water weight, but i am not losing anything anymore. I have yet to show any color on the keto stix either.
i am 200 lbs at about 14% BF.

MEals are this:

1. 4 whole egs, 5 tbsps heavy cream, 1 ounce of cheese.
59 grams of fat, 30 grams of protein

meals 2,3,4. chicken breast with ranch dressing, 5 tbsps heavy cream, 1 ounce of cheese
54 grams of fat, 40 grams of protein

All i drink is water too. like 2 gals a day. I take MD6 and a multivitamin.

Totals 150 grams of protein
221 grams of fat
about 2500 calories

I follow the body opus workout for my training. Am i doing something wrong here?? I feel lightheaded a lot but my piss doesn't show ketones. can anyone help??

How many total carbs?

You should also be eating more fats. Get a bottle of Flax Seed Oil from MassQuantities. Other oils are good too -- canola, vegetable, etc.

A 200lb man should have a daily intake like this:

3100 cals
2500 of those should come from fat.
The rest from protein.

You could simply not be showing ketones because there are no excess ketones to excrete (i.e. you're using them all for energy).

Start taking in some flax seed oil...I noticed when I added a few tablespoons a day my stix came out DARK

KETOSTIX

Hey Duritz,

I have the same problem you are having. I have identical stats as you also. I have been eating tons of fat and protein doing body opus and also 2 days of cardio on an empty stomach. I have not even seen a change in color in my stix. What brand of ketostix are you using, i bought the bayer ones. let me know your progress.

Slabman

My piss stinks pretty bad and i have keto breath but i am also showing up minimal ketones in my piss. I am using bayer ketostix. I mean i am losing weight and not any muscle based on my last bf test, but no high readings. current status as of weds.... 13.5% BF @ 182 lbs . I was 15% BF at 195 lbs two weeks ago. So things are going well. And i actually put on a 1/4 pound of muscle so i guess i am doing it right then.

Remember that you can be in ketosis and not register a response on the ketostix.

You might want to drop your protien down some.

KWKSLVR said:
Remember that you can be in ketosis and not register a response on the ketostix.

You might want to drop your protien down some.

No way man. I need 150. Remember i weigh almost 200. i wouldn't go any lower. I think 150 is good. I am in ketosis, just not heavy amounts of ketones showing, probably cuz i am using them as energy.

Don't stress about ketones period. So long as you're taking in less calories and low carbs then you will be burning fat regardless. I stopped using ketostix when I did a CKD because it didn't seem to matter. So long as I followed the CKD rules I lost fat and didn't stress on if I was showing ketones or not.

Also remember that a darker strip doesn't mean you are losing more fat or not. So long as you are showing any trace ketones then you are in full blown ketosis. There are no studies that prove that deeper ketosis is any better than trace.

Top Bottom