Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dog meat - anyone?

Grkina

Found out today that people in Korea eat dogs, orbetter said their meat. Anyhow, the point remains. So I decided togive it a try in a Korean restaurant, and it actually tasted veryinteresting. Do you think it may have something that ordinary beefwon't have? They say that dog fat that you get in the soup with theirmeat is very good for respiratory problems.

Found out today that people in Korea eat dogs, orbetter said their meat. Anyhow, the point remains. So I decided togive it a try in a Korean restaurant, and it actually tasted veryinteresting. Do you think it may have something that ordinary beefwon't have? They say that dog fat that you get in the soup with theirmeat is very good for respiratory problems.

It's right up there with tiger penis and rhino horn.

I also love dogs, but I have to outline that this is just a stigma. Cows are very intelligent, and pigs are extremely intelligent, but yet we treat them like shit and eat them. So the moral side of the story is not that clear - it is a matter of what you are used to.

I have eaten dog meat, and studied the topic a bit, but I would not dare to say that it is particularly good or bad. It is just meat, without substantial differences.

@stevemobster - you would be surprised, but it actually helps a lot. I don't know the exact scientific reason for that (an interesting topic to research), but I have seen it help lots of people with respiratory issues, people I know. It might be a placebo effect, but in such case it is a damn strong one. Traditional medicine should not be underestimated - there should be a portion of reasonable doubt, but lots of things there work for real.

I agree with Lev Butlerov - I don't understand why everyone eats cows and pigs, and this is not a problem, even they though they are very smart. As long as they don't steal other's pets, and breed them for food, it should be fine. Their meat is quite interesting - a bit different than beef.

I have never eaten dog meat but different countries consume different animals for food. Here in North America, we general consume chicken, pigs and cows.

However, in India cows are sacred so they would never eat a cow.

In Australia, they eat a lot of kangaroo meat.

To each their own I guess.

I also love dogs, but I have to outline that this is just a stigma. Cows are very intelligent, and pigs are extremely intelligent, but yet we treat them like shit and eat them. So the moral side of the story is not that clear - it is a matter of what you are used to.

I have eaten dog meat, and studied the topic a bit, but I would not dare to say that it is particularly good or bad. It is just meat, without substantial differences.

@stevemobster - you would be surprised, but it actually helps a lot. I don't know the exact scientific reason for that (an interesting topic to research), but I have seen it help lots of people with respiratory issues, people I know. It might be a placebo effect, but in such case it is a damn strong one. Traditional medicine should not be underestimated - there should be a portion of reasonable doubt, but lots of things there work for real.

Pfft. The old adage of the Jewish cure for cancer - chicken soup.

The thought of eating a dog makes me sick. Where I live they are pets and I don't eat pets. If I had cows as pets I wouldn't eat them either.

The thought of eating cows makes Indians sick ))

However, we are going a bit astray - I was wondering about scientific part of the question. Like pig meat has little amino acids and gets poorely digested, is there any objective difference with dog meat?

The thought of eating cows makes Indians sick ))

However, we are going a bit astray - I was wondering about scientific part of the question. Like pig meat has little amino acids and gets poorely digested, is there any objective difference with dog meat?

Where did you get any idea about pig meat (pork) being poor on amino acids?

Top Bottom