Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does too much protein mess your liver up?

What do you mean you're "on" alcohol?

And no, protein will not "mess up" your liver. But I think you meant kidneys....and the answer there is also no (assuming you don't already have chronic kidney disease or any other previously existing impaired renal function).

Protein should not, but if you are on accutane and drinking a lot you better get that liver function tested often.

'Does too much protein mess your liver up?'

I believe it depends on individual. Back in april I went on CKD diet for my photoshoot so I naturally upped protein (2-2.5g's per lb bw) + fat intake with virtually no carbs and after a certain time I started feeling increasingly fatigued and basically sick...at first I attributed this to lack of energy (carbs) as I was still staying pretty active. But at this same time I did blood tests and my hepatic panel was screwed: Cholesterol way up, ASt and ALT way up, HDL way up, LDL way down...doc thought I had hepatitis, prescribed a coupla meds and advised diet change. And well it helped...now I try to eat 1-1.5g's of pro per lb bw and consume carbs in proximity to strenuous activity, and liver values are excellent. I think personally me, I react badly to no carb diet + strenous activity (weights/sprints). So at your own discretion, but beyond a certain point protein will just be converted into sugars because your body cannot assimilate it at above certain intake...just find out what it is!

OMFG 2.5g of protein per pound of bodywieght. Most people bulking never hit over 2x bodyweight. No wonder you got sick.

Try your best to lower the alcohol and try to cut down on anything containing vitamin A. This will lesson the side-effects of the accutane. Remember to not take accutane with milk.

Accutane is serious shit!!! You should feel priviledged to be able to take it. So use it wisely!!!

Top Bottom