Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does it matter ?

Does it really matter if we eat just before bed time ? Is there any science that backs up the fact eating a big meal and then passing out an hour later is bad ???

if you ask a diet coach they will say "it doesn't matter, only the total # of calories you ate that day matter" :rolleyes:

however that doesn't take into account many factors

i would tell you to absolutely not eat a large meal and hour before bed. your body must work to process that food and it will disrupt your sleep.

Haven't seen that study yet.
Having a bigger meal before bed time has never been an issue for me.

Does it really matter if we eat just before bed time ? Is there any science that backs up the fact eating a big meal and then passing out an hour later is bad ???

A good meal before bed can actually improve sleep. If your insulin levels are low it can put stress on the body to make it hard to fall asleep. This is your bodies natural way of telling you to eat. A little carbs before bed is always a good thing. Even if you’re dieting.

A good meal before bed can actually improve sleep. If your insulin levels are low it can put stress on the body to make it hard to fall asleep. This is your bodies natural way of telling you to eat. A little carbs before bed is always a good thing. Even if you’re dieting.

not sure where you read this but you must be a diabetic and taking meds for it or reading junk science put out by drug companies promoting diabetes medication

in a normal functioning person who isn't a diabetic this does not apply. not even close! but yeah sadly considering many people are insulin resistant these days and roller coastering their blood sugar is a way of life

and yes if you want to debate with me that low blood sugar can affect sleep that is correct BUT only in those who have made themselves insulin resistant in the first place. so in that situation fix the root cause instead of covering it up.

Top Bottom