Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does the maintenance calorie intake change when you lose weight?

Jarere

Is the recommended daily calorie intake the same for all men? I mean, if I weigh now 95 kilos, and will lower that down to 88 – will I still have the same maintenance calories?

No, they will lower down, since the maintenance calories are calculated based on your weight, so with a lower weight you will also have a lower minimal calorie intake. Think logically – if your body gets smaller, it will need less food as well.

Could you please give me a tip how to find out my maintenance calories, and how I calculate them later?

It's difficult to be accurate. I eat less than some guys but more than others. If, in your example, you weighed 95-kilos and 3600kcals a day maintained that level. Then you dropped to 88-kilos at 3000kcals but saw the scale moving towards 87 or 86-kilos I'd get you to add 200 calories. If it kept going down, but slower, we add another 200 and so on. The same applies with you gaining weight and so on.

The key is to not go crazy or freak out. Here's an easy example. I sit at about 280lbs usually (about 127kg). Recently I saw I was 273lbs. I realized I was slacking a little (and I mean a little) with my food. I tightened it up a bit and 10 days later I was 276lbs (same scales, same time etc). I added a shake so no more than 400 calories a day. If I add another back to my usual level it'll be 280lb next week. And that's how easy it is. Same for you

Could you please give me a tip how to find out my maintenance calories, and how I calculate them later?

google calorie calculator

when you lose weight you will need less calories for maintenance. thats why fat people who lose some weight sometimes hit a wall, they need to learn to eat less

Top Bottom