Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does a large pre-workout meal reduce needs for post work out meal

Sim882

Typically, 1/2 hour or an hour before workouts I consume a relatively large meal (normally 80grams oat bran, 20 grams seeds, 20 grams protein powder, 2 glasses of milk) which comes to about 2500 KJ's.

My weights workouts tend to last 1.5 to 2 hours. I'm wondering given the abundance of protein and carbs (both very low GI from the oat bran, and the sugars in the milk) in this meal, are my nutritional requirements in terms of my post work out meal reduced, because my body is still digesting the past meal, and gaining carbs from the oatmeal and protein and least from the caisin in milk

Sim882 said:
Typically, 1/2 hour or an hour before workouts I consume a relatively large meal (normally 80grams oat bran, 20 grams seeds, 20 grams protein powder, 2 glasses of milk) which comes to about 2500 KJ's.

My weights workouts tend to last 1.5 to 2 hours. I'm wondering given the abundance of protein and carbs (both very low GI from the oat bran, and the sugars in the milk) in this meal, are my nutritional requirements in terms of my post work out meal reduced, because my body is still digesting the past meal, and gaining carbs from the oatmeal and protein and least from the caisin in milk

yea, you'd still need PWO. the size of that pre workout meal doesnt make you sick when you are lifting? man I could never stomach that and be able to lift my hardest without throwing it back up..

Top Bottom