Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does eating red meat cause cancer?

LifeofaFighter

So recently the press have been dropping headlines about processed meat and red meat being classified as carcinogens and comparing them to smoking. The original meta analysis has been done by the World Health Organization and their affiliate. I was amazed at how much of this study seems to be reaching for causation from correlation.

I recorded a podcast with friend and clinical nutritionist Mike Kuhn, and we dove into the summary of the study since the study itself and meta analysis isn't published yet. But the biggest concern for me that Mike mentioned is that they considered pepperoni pizza as red meat for their questionnaire as part of the meta analysis.... PEPPERONI PIZZA, not to say they didn't include other actual red meat, however the fact that they group foods from Mcdonalds and pizza as red meat by itself IMO negates a heavy amount of the weight this analysis carries.

I'd love to hear the forums thoughts on this...

I think anything out of moderation can do it. Also,the media sources are whores and will say whatever for money. I generally don't think it's a good idea to eat meat every day. But I feel the same about flour and sugar. And how do you avoid it? By eating a salad that a migrant worker took a dump on.....

I think anything out of moderation can do it. Also,the media sources are whores and will say whatever for money. I generally don't think it's a good idea to eat meat every day. But I feel the same about flour and sugar. And how do you avoid it? By eating a salad that a migrant worker took a dump on.....

Well said, I am looking forward to the full release of this analysis to break it down further cause after talking to a few nutritionists I hear mixed arguments, protein will always be crucial to muscle building and retention, I know that meat isn't the only source but many red meats cause deliver not only a great source of protein but micro nutrients such as b vitamins, iron, etc.

At the end of the day like you said nothing is good everyday except vegetables but even those I like to change up seasonally.

Top Bottom