Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does eating fat make you fat?

Fast Twitch Fiber

Maybe it sounds like a dumb question but does eating a high percentage of your calories from fat make you gain more fat than eating the same number of calories from carbs? I've always been under the impression that total calories was the most important factor in cutting. Is this true?

well there are "bad" fats and "good" fats, so you would probably be susceptable to more fat gain with the saturated fats. and may tend to lose more fat with "good" fats. then simple carbs can spike insulin which leads to fat gain, while fats don't do that. Complex carbs of course are a better choice. but when it comes right down to it, all things being equal (say you are using "good" fats or complex carbs), then equal amounts of each will lead to the same weight gain/loss. calories is what counts, but you need to get adequate protein intake for the carbs/fat not to matter.

WARBIRDWS6 said:
well there are "bad" fats and "good" fats, so you would probably be susceptable to more fat gain with the saturated fats. and may tend to lose more fat with "good" fats. then simple carbs can spike insulin which leads to fat gain, while fats don't do that. Complex carbs of course are a better choice. but when it comes right down to it, all things being equal (say you are using "good" fats or complex carbs), then equal amounts of each will lead to the same weight gain/loss. calories is what counts, but you need to get adequate protein intake for the carbs/fat not to matter.

I think if you eat an equal amount in weight(example:100g.complex carb or 100g. of good unsaturated fat) you will lose weight faster if you eat the 100g. of complex carb since you have more than half less calorie in 100g. carb compared to 100g. of fat...

Festo said:

I think if you eat an equal amount in weight(example:100g.complex carb or 100g. of good unsaturated fat) you will lose weight faster if you eat the 100g. of complex carb since you have more than half less calorie in 100g. carb compared to 100g. of fat...

we are talking about equal calories from fat or carbs. not gram for gram. taking into account you are alotted less grams of fat per gram of carb. i believe the initial post insinuated that it was cal vrs cal.

If you eat too much of anything it will make you fat, but in general, normal fat consumtion will not make you fat,

Carbs CARBS

Make you fat

solidspine said:
If you eat too much of anything it will make you fat, but in general, normal fat consumtion will not make you fat,

Carbs CARBS

Make you fat

not necessarily. for many carbs versus fat (same caloric value) would be the same. for me personally, i react badly to carbs, so carbs of equal caloric value would probably make me fatter than putting fat in its place. as a general rule though....as long as your not taking in pure sugar, you will most likely see similar gains/losses with calories being equal taking in fat or carbs.

WARBIRDWS6

I think we are saying the same thing.

Solidspine,

complex carbs are fine, simple carb turn into fat, akins 101

solidspine said:
WARBIRDWS6

I think we are saying the same thing.

Solidspine,

complex carbs are fine, simple carb turn into fat, akins 101

yeah, that is true. simple sugars are the most evil of the carbs/fats no matter what anyone says. i prefer to take in fats over carbs....but i hate the flat look of low/no carbs. so i tend to go really low carbs all week on cutting diets.........then go crazy on the carbs on day 7 to load up.

Top Bottom