Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

does bananas increase energy?

hulkhughes

some people talk about bananas as a huge energy boost and I was wondering if they really work and how many can you have before working out, as I understand having too many every day will make gain weight, true? thanks.

Excess calories make you gain weight. So if you have 2300kcals a day and ADD 5 ripe bananas (the mushy kind are best for quick digestion and energy) then you'll add weight.

IF, however, part of the 2300kcals included those same 5 (or whatever) bananas then the intake total of calories remains the same.

In other words if you don't wanna gain weight but you wanna try some ripe bananas (or any other food\) then take out something else from the diet equivalent to the same number of calories.

Well, bananas have carbs and calories, so obviously they will give you energy. Then again, if you don't want to gain additional fat because of them, you will need to balance out the energy income and expenditure. If you eat two bananas, and waste all this energy during the workout session, then it is perfectly fine. However, if you eat those two bananas and don't waste this energy, it will be stored in the form of fat. So it is a matter of balance.

Bananas aren't the best option when it comes to fruit. They are very high in sugar and fairly low in nutrients and antioxidants. Bananas are so popular because they taste great and are really cheap.

The healthiest fruits to eat are:
berries
grapefruit
cantaloupe/melon

Those fruits have the highest nutrient content and lowest calories

Any food will technically give you energy. Bananas are no different than any other fruit though as far as how you will feel. I recommend eating whatever kind of fruit you want but just keeping it to 1 serving. That way you are not eating them in excess and getting a ton of sugar in.

Top Bottom