Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does 80 calories and 16grams of protein sound right for one scoop of protein powder?

I know powders differ, but does this sound about right? If it does, how do you manage to drink enough to meet your prtein requirements? I would have to drink about 5 glasses or more of it, plus the food i eat to meet my requirement of protein for the day.

Also, does anyone notice they do not fill the the tubs up completely full? What a waste of plastic.

Well, there is certainly a difference between grams per scoop and grams per serving....

16-20g per SCOOP sounds right to me as far as most of the traditional brands of protein are concerned...

What are your daily requirements Smurf?

and yeah - most commercial products are way overpackaged - whether it's protein or whatever else!!

I have heard 1.5-2 grams of protein per lb of body weight. I weigh 140, so about 200-280 (depending on what I eat, I do not have a set diet). That is what I should be getting, but I know I dont get that. I just bought some protein powder, but even with that, it will be hard to make my requirements.

sounds like you bought Designer- they put a small scoop in so they can claim 41 serv per container. Others put in a larger scoop, yet do not have so many serv per container.

None of them are ever full- the settling that occurs makes them look half empty when opened.

Ok thanks, that clears up one answer. I opened the plastic jar thing, and it was only half full. Thought that was kind of a rip off. What do you mean by designer? Is that a brand name, or are you saying I bought some crappy stuff? The stuff is called PVL nutrients, I bought it from a health store.

Top Bottom