x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabs.rudomestic-supply.com

Does 80 calories and 16grams of protein sound right for one scoop of protein powder?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Does 80 calories and 16grams of protein sound right for one scoop of protein powder? within the Diet & Bodybuilding category.

Excerpt: I know powders differ, but does this sound about right? If it does, how do you manage to drink enough to meet your prtein requirements? I would have to drink about 5 glasses or more of it, plus the food i eat to meet my requirement of protein for the day. Also, does anyone notice they do not fill the the tubs up completely full? What a waste of plastic.

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Does 80 calories and 16grams of protein sound right for one scoop of protein powder?

I know powders differ, but does this sound about right? If it does, how do you manage to drink enough to meet your prtein requirements? I would have to drink about 5 glasses or more of it, plus the food i eat to meet my requirement of protein for the day.

Also, does anyone notice they do not fill the the tubs up completely full? What a waste of plastic.

Mutant
    I know of shakes with 60 g protein each serving

Well, there is certainly a difference between grams per scoop and grams per serving....

16-20g per SCOOP sounds right to me as far as most of the traditional brands of protein are concerned...

What are your daily requirements Smurf?

and yeah - most commercial products are way overpackaged - whether it's protein or whatever else!!

I have heard 1.5-2 grams of protein per lb of body weight. I weigh 140, so about 200-280 (depending on what I eat, I do not have a set diet). That is what I should be getting, but I know I dont get that. I just bought some protein powder, but even with that, it will be hard to make my requirements.

sounds like you bought Designer- they put a small scoop in so they can claim 41 serv per container. Others put in a larger scoop, yet do not have so many serv per container.

None of them are ever full- the settling that occurs makes them look half empty when opened.

Ok thanks, that clears up one answer. I opened the plastic jar thing, and it was only half full. Thought that was kind of a rip off. What do you mean by designer? Is that a brand name, or are you saying I bought some crappy stuff? The stuff is called PVL nutrients, I bought it from a health store.

Yes, Designer is a brand of whey protein - never heard of PVL.