Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

doctor is against fasting

rigobertot

My HC practicitoner advocates a low carb diet for his patients and i haven't had any success doing it and i asked him about fasting. he said that it isn't good to fast because there is too much of a loss in protein status loss. he said the body will start burning muscle for energy and store fat to compensate. is this true?

the 2020 Mr. Olympia champinon Big Ramy fasted for 1 month from sunrise to sunet during ramaddan. that is 11 straight hours. then take away the 8 hours of sleep. that means he ate 5 hours and fasted for 19 hours. did he lose his muscle? 19/5 time restricted eating

no it is not

you use up dietary protein as substrate for gluconeogensis then glycerol from the triglyceride breakdown provides the substrate so protein and muscle is conserved while fasting. why does this happen? it is called SURVIVAL

for the smart people think about it logically. do you think that mother nature designed us as humans or any mammal to store excess energy as fat and when we really need it then it turns to protein and not that very fat? of course not. protein is CONSERVED and the fat is burned for fuel during fasting. this is why when i fasted for 19 days i ended up losing a shit ton of fat and kept my muscle.

your doctor does not understand the difference between eating in a calorie restriction and fasting. they are NOT the same thing! i would not listen to this guy for nutritional advice. there are a lot of smart doctors out there and there are a lot of dumb ones. no different then taking your car to a shitty mechanic or having a dumb accountant do your taxes.

Last edited:
My HC practicitoner advocates a low carb diet for his patients and i haven't had any success doing it and i asked him about fasting. he said that it isn't good to fast because there is too much of a loss in protein status loss. he said the body will start burning muscle for energy and store fat to compensate. is this true?

No.It's not like you're gonna be doing it for weeks is it?

Top Bottom