x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Do you prefer sweet potato vs red potato

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Do you prefer sweet potato vs red potato within the Diet & Bodybuilding category.

Excerpt: I'm being very careful with my carbs since I'm on a cutting cycle, I switched from white rice to brown rice and now it is time to replace regular potatoes for something better. I have been researching on Google about red potatoes, I read somewhere most nutritionist recommend red, how about you body builders.? What about sweet potato.

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Do you prefer sweet potato vs red potato

I'm being very careful with my carbs since I'm on a cutting cycle, I switched from white rice to brown rice and now it is time to replace regular potatoes for something better.
    I have been researching on Google about red potatoes, I read somewhere most nutritionist recommend red, how about you body builders.? What about sweet potato.

Re: Do you prefer sweet potato vs red potato

Sweet potatoes are slightly better then red skinned white potato. They have a slightly lower glycemic index and contain more fibre.

100g of sweet potato has 86 calories, 0g fat, 20g carb, 3g fibre, 2g protein.
    100g of red skinned white potato has 89 calories, 0g fat, 20g carb, 2g fibre, 2g protein.

As you can see, picking one or the other is kind of nit picking. I prefer the taste of sweet potato and usually pick that over regular potato but both are good options. Another added bonus of sweet potato is that it is high in vitamin A and contains significant amounts of the anti-oxidant beta carotene. Regular potatoes are cheaper though so it's kind of a question of price vs small benefit.

The difference is minimal between the two, but the usual choice among bodybuilders are the sweet potatoes. Besides, by far not everybody can have access to red potatoes, so this is quite individual as well.

i disagree that there is a small difference.. sweet potato's are very alkaline forming in the body because they have a high amount of minerals that white potato's do not have.. calcium, manganese, magnesium for example.

plus they give you more sugars (3X more) that you can utilize for energy during a workout. sweet potato is literally the best thing you can eat before a long workout, hike, run, etc. and it won't bother your stomach... plus you can eat them raw and they taste good like a carrot
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults via skype. contact me I can help you
    Looking for a steroid source? drop me a visitor message or click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <authorized supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <12 week bulker, cutting, fasting Ebooks 4sale
    ask me for coupons to N2bm, juvepharma, sarms1 etc.
    http://goo.gl/F9Yggp < click for Rx drugs

I would pick a sweet potato every time. Also make sure you eat the skin...tons of nutrients in it.

If you want to surprise and please your family with something, then you definitely need to cook such potatoes.
    How To Bake A Potato
    Everyone will be crazy about him.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	baked-potato-prev.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	140311