Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you prefer sweet potato vs red potato

tie-break

I'm being very careful with my carbs since I'm on a cutting cycle, I switched from white rice to brown rice and now it is time to replace regular potatoes for something better.
I have been researching on Google about red potatoes, I read somewhere most nutritionist recommend red, how about you body builders.? What about sweet potato.

Sweet potatoes are slightly better then red skinned white potato. They have a slightly lower glycemic index and contain more fibre.

100g of sweet potato has 86 calories, 0g fat, 20g carb, 3g fibre, 2g protein.
100g of red skinned white potato has 89 calories, 0g fat, 20g carb, 2g fibre, 2g protein.

As you can see, picking one or the other is kind of nit picking. I prefer the taste of sweet potato and usually pick that over regular potato but both are good options. Another added bonus of sweet potato is that it is high in vitamin A and contains significant amounts of the anti-oxidant beta carotene. Regular potatoes are cheaper though so it's kind of a question of price vs small benefit.

The difference is minimal between the two, but the usual choice among bodybuilders are the sweet potatoes. Besides, by far not everybody can have access to red potatoes, so this is quite individual as well.

i disagree that there is a small difference.. sweet potato's are very alkaline forming in the body because they have a high amount of minerals that white potato's do not have.. calcium, manganese, magnesium for example.

plus they give you more sugars (3X more) that you can utilize for energy during a workout. sweet potato is literally the best thing you can eat before a long workout, hike, run, etc. and it won't bother your stomach... plus you can eat them raw and they taste good like a carrot

If you want to surprise and please your family with something, then you definitely need to cook such potatoes.
How To Bake A Potato
Everyone will be crazy about him.

baked-potato-prev.jpg

Attachments

• baked-potato-prev.jpg
    baked-potato-prev.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 288
Top Bottom