Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do You Need to Eat Carbs at All on Rest Days? Cutting cycle

curling

I have been not eating carbs at all on rest days. I figure carbs are just for energy so why eat them when you are not going to lift that day. Is this rationale sound rational?

I just started doing the same thing.

On training days I do Crum's modified diet....first three meals protein/carbs, last three meals protein/fat.

On non-training days (cardio only) I do Crums original diet.....6 meals protein/fat.

Your brain uses about 150g of glucose per day. Your body also constantly metabolizes glucose, even while you sleep.

Considering lifting for an hour will burn at most 400 calories (probably <80g carbs), you might consider decreasing your carbohydrate intake by the amount of carbohydrate intake based on your workouts... or not, since your blood only holds about 20g of carbs at baseline and your glycogen stores are probably low anyway.

How many cals a person burns when they lift along w/ how many carbs they will need on training or rest days is individual and will be based on many factors. One being, size of person and bf%.

Top Bottom