Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

do you lose muscle fasting?

JMowden

I posted a thread on another forum about fasting asking questions and a few guys chimed in with things like “I would never fast” or “have fun losing muscle”

seems like they weren’t helpful just being stupid
can you give me some information on if fasting does that? I’ve been doing IF for the past few weeks and I feel really good on it and haven’t noticed any muscle loss at all.

I posted a thread on another forum about fasting asking questions and a few guys chimed in with things like “I would never fast” or “have fun losing muscle”

can you give me some information on if fasting does that? I’ve been doing IF for the past few weeks and I feel really good on it and haven’t noticed any muscle loss at all.

Are you in a caloric deficit?
Are you natural or on AAS. AAS using “cutting” compounds does not burn fat, but rather helps retain muscle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you dont lose muscle fasting, your muscle shrinks
there is no such thing as losing actual muscle cells

people who say you lose muscle fasting simply do not understand how our bodies tap into energy. when you fast your body will attack glycogen first, then fat stores, then muscle last. so unless you are under 2% body fat you don't have a thing to worry about. https://blog.2keto.com/protein-loss/

the bottom line is you don't lose muscle or gain muscle when prolong fasting unless you stop training completely. the reason is the boost in hgh helps retain muscle mass. this is not only my experience but also what the studies show. the study for example showed guys who fasted 70 days lost 6kg of fat and actually GAINED .5kg of muscle mass. the reason for the gain? when you fast you actually create autophagy which actually helps your muscles grow more over time

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20300080/ our bodies have mechanisms in place for survival !!! it is how we have survived so much shit over the past million years

it is also important for people to understand the difference between losing water in the muscle and actual muscle tissue, they aren't the same thing.

fasting is truly one of the most incredible things for all bodybuilders to do. that is why the Mr. Olympia bodybuilders to normal joes do different fasting protocols

Even on a dry fasting you will not lose muscle, i did it for 6 days and lost 9kg, mainly water and got it back within 5 days and no exercise, so muscle remained unchanged

Just how much, if any, do you think you'd loose if you fasted for 72 hours?

Top Bottom