Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do You Garden And/Or Eat Organic?

simply dave

MVP
EF VIP
Just curious as to who here may incorporate organic produce/meats into their diet. Four years ago my wife and I made the decision to begin gardening organically. We grow only non hybridized organic vegetables and have recently found a local rancher who raises organic grass fed cattle.

Anyone else?

Wow, that's impressive! Me and my wife are starting our second garden this year. We did organic as well. This year we have corn, squash, cucumber, eggplant, tomato, watermelon, and more herbs than I can remember. When I say we I mean I tilled it and she does the rest! Haha

Wow, that's impressive! Me and my wife are starting our second garden this year. We did organic as well. This year we have corn, squash, cucumber, eggplant, tomato, watermelon, and more herbs than I can remember. When I say we I mean I tilled it and she does the rest! Haha
Nice! If you can get it, check out Gardner & Bloome's "Harvest Supreme soil amendment. It's completely organic and come harvest time, your garden will EXPLODE with fruits and vegetables.

This year we've got spinach, eggplant, 3 types of summer squash, 4 types of tomatoes (we can and make sauces with a lot of it), potatoes, cukes (both eating and pickling), a whole mess of sweet and hot peppers, broccoli, various beans and peas...I think that's it...LOL

Ever watched a documentary called "Food, Inc."? If not, I cannot urge you strongly enough to check it out if you want to eat clean and organically. It's quite a sobering documentary.

I'll check it out thanks! Yeah I forgot peppers and probably a few others. My wife can ramble them off quick! She makes sauces, teas with some herbs and everything else hits the table. We just got a dehydrator too (not to change topic) but we plan on drying a lot especially herbs. We have already done many fruits, deer jerky and homemade fruit rollups! Trying to avoid preservatives as much as possible.

It is in my definite plans...time being a constraint right now.

I have been able to find free range chicken and fresh eggs. The difference is amazing! I found a new butcher who offered to take me out to his granja and see his cows and their feed process.

Top Bottom