Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you discount calories for training?

Enash

I've got myself the MyFitness Pal because I have seen here that is very recommended to keep track of your calories and meals. My question is – it discounts calories for the exercise you do. So if we say my TDEE is 2800 calories per day – I want to cut so I take out 500 and leave 2300. Do I stick to the 2300 regardless of training, or with training I can add calories to be eaten?

If you want to cut, then you stick to the 2300 calories regardless of the training. It does show you how much you burn, but you still should not overpass the daily calorie intake. So use this figure only for informational purposes.

Your calorie expenditure = baseline metabolic rate + exercise

That is the calorie level you need to maintain your current weight. If you want to loose weight, subtract 500 calories from that number and you should loose 1 pound per week since 1 pound = 3500 calories.

When setting up your profile you tell it how much you want to lose and it calculates a deficit for you. I usually stick to that amount and any exercise calories that Google fit says I burn I take as a bonus.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Just read that the TDEE calculates your activity rate, so this number already includes the exercise. Thanks for the clarifications!

Exercise will allow you to consume more calories but if you are trying to lose fat I would stick to your daily goal and not adjust up for any exercise.

Top Bottom