Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you change your diet up for training days and non-training days? If so how?

Mavy

Super Human
Platinum
Besides the obvious that is by taking in a pre-workout and post-workout meal. Do you increase carbs AND protien on training days? Or just one or the other?

The difference for me is ... I get more calories on training days from protien and carbs. I add a pre and postworkout meal/shake. My type of carbs changes. For example on trianing days carbs are more grainy .. i.e., oats, fibre1, and mostly brown rice.

On non-training days, the grainy carbs are all substitutes for vibrous veggies, and black beans. I take in more fat on non-training days with protien only meals, like a shake of whey in water for example.

Is this not an ideal approach to take on training and non-training days? Do you guys keep your diets consistant across the board or change them for training and non-training days? If so what are you adjusting.

Cheers,
Mavy

I don't change a single thing...............but, my off day consists of a yoga/stretch class, fasted am cardio and a spimning class in the afternoon............just no weights, only body weight..........I have a PW shake after the PM class, but no simple carbs.....and I still have a PReW meal of oats, whey and cottage cheese 1.5 hours beforhand............no need to switch IMHO bro...your body needs the fuel from yesterday's DEADS and tomorrows BENCH...........

i usually dont change anything..

but a buddy of mine who competes claims to take take more cals on off days.

I know a lot of people on here hate bodybuilding.com, but ignore the location of it for now. This is a Zig-Zag diet from ISSA (International Sports Sciences Association) which is like what you're talking about. I wouldn't do it all the time, but it wouldn't hurt just to change things up a bit.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drsquat6.htm

I'm not sure that we need as many carbs on off days...........at least, that's my theory.........

Tis an old concept on this board actually.

However, always nice to revive it. Always some good discussion!

I do not take in any carbs on non-training days. Just high protein/ and High fats. Right now Im taking in about 360-400 grams of protein and 180-200 grams of fat on non-training days.

I am bulking and taking in 500 grams carbs on lifting days and 300 grams carbs on non lifting days. YOu need more carbs on lifting days if your bulking.

Dieting I would probably only have 50 more grams carbs on lifting days than non lifting days.

Last edited:
By nixing your PW shake, right there you are taking in less carbs/calories.......I kee the exact same diet, bar none....7 days a week........but then again, I cant remember my last off day.............cardio at a miniumum........

Top Bottom