Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you believe in Carb Cycling? If so how many carbs?

JulieAnnK

Hi All,

Just curious on everyones take on Carb Cycling. I have seen my best results from carb cycling. Let me know your thoughs and results.
On a average CONTEST prep carb cycling diet I would do as follows.

Sun-30 grams
Monday-30 grams
Tuesday- 30 grams
Wednesday- 120 grams ( high carb for shoulder workout)
Thursday- 15 grams
Friday-60 grams
Saturday- 150 grams ( high carb for Leg day)

Main Carb sources were, Steel cut oats, Japanese Yams, brown rice and 1-2 scoops of Vitargo a day.

I have just recently discovered the power of carb cycling. I absolutely LOVE it. I've gotten better cutting results from this than any supplement I've ever tried. I'm not doing a contest prep or anything, just an overall change of lifestyle. I'm following Palumbo, to a degree, but with a few modifications. On my cheat meal or refeed (one time, one meal a week) I make sure that I not only carb up, but also that I take in some of my favorite dirty foods (under control) so my body still understands how to process them. I am amazed that while in keto, I still have most of my strength and a ton more energy. Body fat has gone way down and I've retained tons more muscle than I anticipated. I already have an exit strategy for going into the holidays. I swear by it now.

As far as how many? For 6 days a week, bare bones minimum. I get 6g from my eggs, a few from my 24 almonds and a few more from my tsp of natty PB. Also 6 from my protein shakes. I believe I'm sub 30. Refeed meal I have as much as I can handle, starting with waxy maize right after my workout, then make sure to have some oats, pasta, etc. Total carbs is up there, not sure how many, but my muscles are full and I'm strong as a bull.

Hey Jimmyhav,

Thanks for sharing your carb cycling routine! The once a week cheat meal definitely keep you sane and allows the body to not plateau. Seems like your getting a lot of energy from the fats.
If I'm craving sweets I'll mix a scp of my Vitargo with 1/4 c of water to make a yummy pudding or mix 1 scp with my favorite protein powder, 1/2 c water. Mix and freeze to make ice cream!

After eating clean all week, low carb days of about 60g of carbs a day, I feel so refreshed after have about 175 carbs yesterday! Had a great workout today and also replenished with 4 oz of lean steak as well last night! Plus, my refreshing Grape Vitargo after my back workout!

After eating clean all week, low carb days of about 60g of carbs a day, I feel so refreshed after have about 175 carbs yesterday! Had a great workout today and also replenished with 4 oz of lean steak as well last night! Plus, my refreshing Grape Vitargo after my back workout!

I love refeeds...does the body good...

I find carb cycling has helped me break through a plateau and is great on a cut! Makes a big difference to get those refeeds!

i have actually looked up some carb cycleing diets becuase i have heard of there effectiveness.... im really interesting in them does anyone know any good basic diet plans for carbcycleing that i can adjust for me... i have never carb cycled so im a little lost with how much, when, ect. i have great strength already just looking to lose as much fat as i can with minmial muscle loss

Hey Roxy722, definitely helps keep the body from plateauing! That's the main reason I love cycling carbs. Plus, helps with the mood swings :)

Hi Bigcbear, What are your stats, height, weight? Then we can try to help gage you at where your carbs should be while cycling.

Hey Roxy722, definitely helps keep the body from plateauing! That's the main reason I love cycling carbs. Plus, helps with the mood swings :)

Hi Bigcbear, What are your stats, height, weight? Then we can try to help gage you at where your carbs should be while cycling.

LOL amen to the mood swings! :)

I've used this article before as a starting place. It's pretty detailed in terms of cycling but we can for sure help ya out here as well.

T NATION | Carb Cycling Codex

Top Bottom