Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do we get enough calcium ?

alvinstew2

I wanted to know what people thought? Are we getting enough calcium in our food? It’s important for strong bones so surely if you want muscles you need strong bones right ?

If you are not avoiding dairy completely it is pretty unlikely to develop deficiency in that vitamin.
Another thing I would like to add is that vitamin d is also essential for bone health and bone building so make sure you are getting enough of that too.

I do eat some cheese, and plenty of the dark green veggies that have calcium, and I seem to be getting enough. I supplement Vitamin D though, as my exposure go the sun is on the low side.

consuming foods with calcium does not cause your body to increase calcium. meathead logic fails once again. Americans consume more dairy than any other country on earth put together, yet have the highest osteoperosis rates.. go figure

the way you increase calcium is a diet rich in organic fruits and veggies and having good gut health. most of the people on this forum are in good shape, yet are going to be deficient in their minerals because of soil depletion and poor food quality

also another thing which we hear a lot from the 'experts' is that running blood work will tell you if you are deficient, which is actually completely false. there is a difference between how much minerals are in your blood vs. how much the body is actually using. it would be like testing total testosterone and having that normal while your free test is super low. in the end total test wouldn't mean shit

and for those who say 'it doesn't matter'... calcium is one of the most important electrolytes in the human body and yes if you are low in it you will be fucked.. it also is the hardest to supplement with as well.. just taking it won't fix a deficiency ;)

Top Bottom