Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do muscles grow after workout?

A

Advaik

I heard on the Discovery Channel that muscles don't grow during workout, but after. If this is true than shouldnt be eating alot of protien after working out be better than eating alot before working out? Also how long does the muscle usually grow for after working out?

yes its true, muscles don't grow in the gym, all your doing their is breaking them down to stimulate further growth. Yes the most important meal is after training theres the "golden hour" where your muscles are just soaking up nutrients its at this time when its most important to give the muscles adequat supplies of everything they need.

Yes after your workout you should have a post workout shake with Creatine/Glutamine.
I believe about 20 min's after.

when you're in the gym you are tearing the muscles down,you grow when you are not training but resting,eating...........

Its true. But especially if youre dieting , you should be eating protein before and after workouts and also spread throughout the day (1.5g per pound of bw) to prevent muscle loss.

BTW, no need for the creatine glutamine 20mins after the workout. Stick to normal post workout meals. Read my post workout post. It has some good info.

Thermodynamics: If you are expending energy (training) and you have little to no incoming fuel, you are bound to lose net energy. If you are at rest and have incoming energy that surpasses your resting metabolism (calories), you are bound to increase net energy (stored protein as muscle tissue).

You cannot create matter; you can only recombine it.

Coe

Top Bottom