Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do hydrogenated palm oils and coconut oils contain trans-fats?

|D_J^B_J|

I was under the impression that coconut oil and palm oil were not altered by heat, but I just wanted to make sure. My mother is making a chicken soup with stock cubes that contain hydrogenated palm oil, so I just wanted to find out whether or not I should eat it?

virgin coconut oil contains 0 trans fat

That doesn't really answer my question...

'Hydrogenated palm oil' is listed on the ingredients of the stock cube. This is where I am confused because I thought palm oil and coconut oil were solid at room temp? In that case, why is the palm oil ingredient listed as 'hydrogenated' when it is solid at room temp?

Basically, what I want to know is whether or not I should eat it. :)

|D_J^B_J| said:
Basically, what I want to know is whether or not I should eat it. :)

Just eat the chicken :)

Hydrogenated palm oil is anything but healthy

and chances that there are also a lot of salt (maybe MSG) along with preservatives in those cubes

Anthrax said:
Just eat the chicken :)

Hydrogenated palm oil is anything but healthy

and chances that there are also a lot of salt (maybe MSG) along with preservatives in those cubes

Yeah, true... problem is the cube is in the water which the chicken is in. Also, I think the soup is made from wings/thighs (thighs aren't so bad, but the wings are deadly)

I think I'll have to give this one a miss.

" Palm oil, like all vegetable oils, is classified as cholesterol free. And for most uses, it does not require hydrogenation, thus avoiding the formation of trans fatty acids found in hydrogenated oils."

Top Bottom