Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Digestion/zinc - high protein intake

Liberator

First this is my current bulking diet which I have been following for about 2 months now, I am getting truely excellent gains from it. It took me a while to perfect it but I think its pretty good now, I dropped the nlarge shake from post workout and replaced it with a protein shake with less carbs, and it seems to work just aswell, so thats cool.

The problem is I seem to be having problems digesting it all (no suprise), as I keep getting spots on my back and on my face, I never used to get many, like the odd one but now its far far FAR worse, I was thinking that its due to the high protein intake; so what can I do:

1. Drop protein intake to 1g per lb of bodyweight.
2. Increase zinc & Probiotic intake (anyone think this will help?).
3. Try changing chicken/cottage cheese for tuna outright.
4. ?

I know this is a different topic, I want gains (which I am definately getting) but I dont want to look like a 10 year old (no offence), can anyone give me any advice?

Heres my diet, maybe people looking to build up a diet will find it useful too:

8.30AM

MULTIVIT+PROBIOTIC
1xNLARGE
2xWHOLEMEAL BREAD (MULTIGRAIN)

10.30AM

2xCHICKEN+COTTAGE CHEESE SANDWICHES ON 4 SLICES OF WHOLEMEAL BREAD

1PM

15mg ZINC
1xCAN OF BEANS
4xWHOLEMEAL BREAD (MULTIGRAIN)
1xJOGHURT

4PM

1xNLARGE2
1xBANANA

6PM - PRE-WORKOUT

PROBIOTIC
1xSCOOP OF 100% WHEY

7PM - IMMEDIATELY POSTWORKOUT --> 2xSCOOPS OF 100% WHEY (44g PROTEIN, 24g CARBS)

8.30PM

CUP OF COOKED BROWN RICE
CHICKEN + VEGGIES

PRE-BED
1xSCOOP OF WHEY

PROTEIN --> 349g
CARBS --> 542g
FAT --> Approx. 60g

The main downer is protein, this is what I think is messing me up due to it being so high, if I drop it down to 200g will this severely hit my gains. I presume I would need to increase fat intake to keep my calorie intake at around 4500-5000 cals (I was thinking of adding flax seed oil in this case).

I am clueless as to what to do, anyone got any suggestions!! (dont say go see the Dr, thats not the answer I am looking for)

Forgot to say

I drink 2 gallons of mineral water a day (work has a water fountain which I normally empty very quickly - dont tell em, they dont know this heheheh)

so water is out of the picture too

I'm not sure but I think that zinc has to be taken on an empty stomach. You better look into it.

How much do you weigh? And did you like the routine I gave you, I'd like some feedback. Are you getting good results. Oh I would eat some cottage cheese b4 bed to slow down the absorption of whey btw.

HEY LIB:
You on AS at the moment? Cos if you are then thats your cause. If not.....I know what you mean about the spots and protein thing.
Check this out: when I saw a dermatologist (with loads of initials after her name), she told me diet and spots are unrelated.
BULLSHIT!! I say its highly related. As soon as I up my protein to 150g plus a day I'm breaking out like a teenie.
Zinc does seem to help, though I think it helps more with skin repair, not prevention. Dunno......

Top Bottom