Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Differences in frozen vs fresh chicken breasts

obsessis

Is there a big difference in the frozen breasts that you buy in a big bag and the fresh ones that are usually in the little packs?

I know it says the frozen ones have some type of flavored water inserted into it and the ones I saw didn't really look that great. the fresh ones looked way better. The cheapest frozen I saw was $2 a pound on supersale, usually 2.50 or 3 I think. I saw really nice fresh breasts at $3 a pound and figured it was a good deal.

is it worth the extra .50 a pound or 1.00 a pound to get the fresh breasts?

Check the ingrediants on the bag and compare it from the Fresh to the Frozen. I'm sure that would tell you the difference. Not sure myself, I'm just after protein so I never bothered to check.

they should be the same, maybe a tad bit of sodium if they inject flavored water....i'm just wondering if the fresh chicken cooks easier/tastes better/stays juicier or not. I am assuming the frozen ones might be a little tougher since all of the water in it is frozen, expanding everything and whatnot.

Almost all 'boxed' chicken, the stuff you see as 'unfrozen' on the shelf: perdue, cookin good, etc. was once frozen.

Check the lable to be sure its just chicken, and enjoy it.

I always buy the frozen chicken at walmart that is in the great value bag, like 6 big skinless boneless chicken breasts @ around $8 a bag. Stuff is great to me, depending on how long i grill it, determines how juicy it is going to be.

The local butcher shop is selling plain or pre-marinated chicken breasts that are delivered fresh daily, $1.99 a lb. They are the best tasting I've ever had!

it all depands on the brand,what you going to make with them and when you plan to use them.
for instance if youre going to make hot wings,soups,chicken sterfrys,chicken ali king,or anny thing that involvs frying the chicken in anny way then frozen is better

if youre going to make,5 spice chicken,orige chicken,chinken and dumplings,or anny tipe of backed chicken then frash is better

needtogetas said:
it all depands on the brand,what you going to make with them and when you plan to use them.
for instance if youre going to make hot wings,soups,chicken sterfrys,chicken ali king,or anny thing that involvs frying the chicken in anny way then frozen is better

if youre going to make,5 spice chicken,orige chicken,chinken and dumplings,or anny tipe of backed chicken then frash is better

dude... i just snarfed coffee out my fucking nose. I love you.

Chicken ala king? chicken and dumplings? OMG. Really, if you werent a convict i would ask out out for some frash chinken.

:lmao:

Ghede said:
dude... i just snarfed coffee out my fucking nose. I love you.

Chicken ala king? chicken and dumplings? OMG. Really, if you werent a convict i would ask out out for some frash chinken.

:lmao:
I know chicken bro.I was in the army and they had me cooking mad chicken all the time cuz its cheep.

Sometimes they make a distinction- 'Fresh Frozen' which, as the name implies for once, is actually fresh meat that has been flash frozen to insure quality. Same with fish and beef. There's almost no discernable difference betweent this and actual fresh sources, though perhaps not quite the pharmaceutical grade available to the butcher or resteraunt supplier.

Top Bottom