Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dieting and smoking

tundergold

Hi guys, I would like to consult you about my problem, I had been a smoker since I was 21, I'm currently 29 and I realized my smoking habits was getting out of hand, I used to have 3-4 cigarettes and a few months ago I was smoking close to half a pack of reds a DAY, I decided to start living a healthier life and quit smoking and eating clean, no more junk food and more veggies and good protein, for some reason since I quit smoking about 4 months ago I have gained 10 pounds even eating healthier than before , I was wondering why is this happening, maybe cigarettes were an appetite suppressant and I never noticed it? what can I do? I don't want to get fat , thank you.

yes it is normal to gain weight when you quit smoking

that is one of the shitty consequences of quitting smoking and why some people go back to doing it. i've had smokers actually tell me "i can't quit smoking cause if i do i will gain weight again"

you are able to actually taste food now and your brain is enjoying eating.

Cigarettes contain the drug nicotine which is a well documented appetite suppressant. That's why so many models smoke. It helps cut their appetite and keeps them thin.

Nicotine adversely affects EVERY major system in the human body. As it builds up from regular use, it can lead to weakened immune function, fatigue, decreased healing time, and long-term diseases including cancer. In fact, nicotine prevents the body from properly disposing of damaged cells, thereby allowing cancer cells to develop.

I have had some of my bodybuilding clients chew nicotine gum the last weeks of their contest prep when they are really pushing to get that last bit of fat off and running on fumes. If you appetite is getting out of control, I would chew some nicotine gum to slowly wean yourself off the nicotine addition.

A lot of people start eating a lot more food after quitting. Even though you are eating clean, you are likely eating a lot more calories. This happens because your appetite is not suppressed, metabolism has slowed a bit, and you are using food to fill the void. Don't worry about the metabolism issue because it will quickly adjust to your new lifestyle.

Top Bottom