Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dietary plateu busters.

katana

We all have dieted only to run into a plateu, and watch the fat loss slow down, while we still are working so hard. Below is a few tricks that I use that get the body cranking back up.

Remember, these depend apon where you are in your diet, and if your going to compete, be carefull, not everyone responds the same way, and you don't want to experiment too close to your day.

1. If you have been real strict, give your metabolism a boost by increasing fat and calories for a day. Your body can regulate to a set number of cal, so when you introduce a higher level for a short period of time, your body will react by increasing it's metabolism. ( you will feel hotter than normal, and that's the sign). You will hold some water initially, but that will shed when you go back to your normal diet.

2. Hot peppers can have a thermogenic/ diuretic effect. If you can hack it, eating peppers, salsa, will add only a marginal amount of cal, lots of vit. C, and can boost the metabolism just enough to break your slalemate.

3. Rotate carb intake, Use 1.5 grams p/pnd lean mass, on your high day, and gradually reduce to .5 p/pnd lean mass. For myself, 285 lbs, with 250 L.M, i do this.
day.1. 325 grams.
.2. 275
.3. 200
.4. 150
.5. 100
.6. 75. ( this is a good day for long duration aero)
.7. 75.
This will keep the body guessing, and having to change fuel sources, anytime your body adapts, it must use energy. Try to do your weights on higher carb days, and increase cardio on low days.

4. High rep breathing SQUATS.
This is a tough S.O.B, but will boost the metabolism through the roof.
Use a weight that you can reach 25 reps, ( 25. should be 1. rep from failure.) Keep the bar on your back while you count to twenty five SLOWLEY in you mind. Then continue squatting, ( always slow, parallel, and without a lockout, plus move like a piston, NO PAUSE AT ALL). Your goal is to reach 50. If you fail before 50, keep the bar on your back and count the remaining reps as seconds in your head, then go again. 3 sets will do the trick, You will feel your bodyheat for about 24 hours, and will be walking like a duck for 3 days, but it works like gangbusters. These tricks have always worked for me and my clients, and I think you will get alot out of them if you give them a shot.

Kick butt, stay motivated, and I will see ya onstage.
:cool: E

Those squats can kill ya if your dieting. especially if you are in ketosis. Well they may not kill ya but you will wish you were dead. lol
I've been thinking about breaking from regular weight training one week a month and doing high rep squats and deadlifts mixed with cardio.

Fat fast
Carb fast
Protein fast

All of these can cause your body to get "confused" and get you past a plateu.

Top Bottom