Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dietary needs for bodybuilders vs Martial athletes

Hi guys

I posted this in another forum but i want as much input as poss so i'm gonna post it here aswell

One thing that always confused me was the dietary requirements for Martial artists in particular, Hard training Martial Athletes (Kickboxers, Thai Boxers, MMA Fighters etc)

Bodybuilding Diets have been very well documented and there are tonnes of resources and forums etc for them.

All i hear in the gym is eat carbs carbs carbs. Through alot of research and finding out about diets via body building sites, magazines etc i've learnt about low carb diets, the benefits of both protein and efas and whilst i've encorporated these into my diet i've always wondered if my diet was geared towards me and the way I train.

For example it seems like 1-2g of protein per lbs of bodyweight is reccomended for bodybuilders. A bodybuilders aim is to pack on muscle. Mine is not really to pack on muscle (although i've started weight training more regularly to supplement my training for speed and strength and a bit more muscle too)

One thing is i've never been totally cut. I was fat as a kid and lost alot of weight when i took my training serious, 5 years on i still have a spare tire and i think one of the reasons this never went was the amount of carbs i used to ingest. I've now reduced the number of carbs im eating by following John Beradi's Don't diet diet plan and it's very slowly coming off but again is this plan good for martial artists or is it just greared towards bodybuilders?

What are the optimum macronutrient ratios if you're not interested in getting huge but want good athletic performance whilst trying to shed stubborn fat?

Is it enough to create a calorie defecit ( i dont think so cos i believe i eat below what I should be and only seem to lose weight from certain areas)

Anyway thanks for reading this and i appreciate any replies :)

Top Bottom