Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Which diet would work best for me?

skorty

I am a 42 year old female. bf about 25%. :bawling: I'm 5'2", 133. I have been training about 3 years. I have made some good gains muscle ways but body fat continues to be an issue. I do cardio 30 minutes in the morning on an empty stomach, eat approx 1400 cal a day, weight train 3 times a week 45 minutes.

I have read about the 4 diets that work,namely anabolic, bodyopus,isocaloric and modern. Given my age, and all considerations, can anybody recommend which diet might work best for me.

My typical diet for a day would consist of:

7:00 protein drink with water
10:00 2 eggs cooked with olive oil, 1 slice bacon, 1 oz low fat cheddar cheese
1:00 1 can tuna with olive oil, spices, maybe onion/brocilli chopped up and put in tuna. 5 crackers, 1 cup grape tomatoes
3:00 1/2 protein bar, 6 oz. lite fruit cup
8:00 6 oz meat, salad or vegetable

also 2 cups of coffee with 1 cup of skim milk in the morning.

Prot 145g, carb 55g, fat57. Weekends are different. More carbs, less protein, more fat.

Thermagenic - twice a day(can't take too much more, very sensitive to it. can't sleep at night)
Multivitamin
B complex
Q10
Vit C, E
Ginga Biloba

Any opinions/advice would be most appreciated.

I would cut out the bacon, cheese and crackers...You need to eat more solid foods like grilled chicken, turkey breasts, fish, and lean beef. Eat all the veggies you want, and have fresh fruit in the am like grapefruit or strawberries. Protein bars are good if you are on the go, but they should not be used as a meal and clean solid food is better for you. Try some egg whites, oatmeal, and yams...there are all sorts of things you can eat, just keep it clean and consistent. Try to keep your saturated fats low, but good fats higher like your flax oil and olive oil etc. Drink tons of water, and maybe try doing cardio for a tad bit longer.....mix up your routine as well, your body adapts very quickly..goodluck:)

Thanks new@gettinbig.

WHich diet that I listed would you say this most closely resembles? Isocaloric?

Thanks again:D

I eat Isocaloric and I've lowered my BF from about 28% at the beginning of Feb. to 20% (measured this week, skin-fold). I upped my cardio to 60 minutes (see WarLobo's post on the Women's Board "When 30 + 30...")

I monitor my food with this handly little site: http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/DayFoodsTab.asp
and it's been helpful.

I'm 48 and female. I eat between 1600-1700 cals a day, pretty much, with a cheat meal the day before lower body. I've made strength gains and I'm pretty sure I haven't lost much muscle. To look at your diet, I'd say you're not eating enough.

I like Isocaloric because it's easy to figure out, for me. The CKD is too much fuss, and the other's didn't look like anything I can stick with. This way I can eat a little bit of everything. I definitely needed the food monitor I posted above, at teh beginning, so I could see just how much I was eating. Now it's 2nd nature.

Top Bottom