Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet/Training Critique, please!

artrius

Hi,

I'm sort of new on the boards here…

I’m trying to optimize my diet to allow for maximum fat loss here. Please critique and pick apart my diet/training routine as you see fit (or tear it to shreds). My diet is probably going to seem a little odd, especially with the cereal, but that’s because I’m in the navy and get that food from the galley. I am forced to pay for the galley (I can’t get out of it) and I have to get as much food from there as I possibly can, since I can’t afford to buy all my food AND pay for the galley.

Goals: Reach 8% bodyfat while retaining as much LBM as humanly possible

Stats: 21 y/o, 5’10.5”, 235 lbs, ~17-18% bf, been lifting hardcore for over 3 years

Training:
Cardio: 4-6 days per week, 40 min on elliptical machine (heart rate reaches 160 bpm), occasional mandatory run. Abs are worked daily right before cardio (mostly situps and crunches, but I do hit weighted ab training once a week). Cardio is done after my first protein shake of the day at about 5:00 am.
Lifting: 5 days per week, no longer than 1 hour. I never lift more than 3 consecutive days without one day off. I also never take more than 1 day off consecutively. Normal lifting time is about 17:00. Also, I just started using a during workout drink: I’m currently switching between Xtreme Formulations’ Vendetta and VPX’s Hydroforce (using one of either per lifting session). Both have 20-30g carbs.
Day 1: chest
Day 2: Back
Day 3: shoulders
Day 4: arms
Day 5: legs

Typical diet goes as follows:
4:20 – (pre-cardio) ISS micellar matrix shake (mixed with water, creatine, 1 tsp psyllium husk, 1/3 tbsp flaxseed oil)
6:30 – scrambled eggs, 3 strips of bacon, bowl of complete cereal
9:00 – 4 chicken tenderloin strips, single serving box of cheerios
10:55– hardboiled egg, single serving box of cheerios
12:00 – spinach salad (with ¼ cup fiber one, 1 hardboiled egg, cucumbers, meat, no salad dressing), 4 chicken tenderloin strips
15:00 – apple, 4 chicken tenderloin strips
16:45 – (pre-workout meal) apple, BSN lean dessert protein shake (mixed with water, creatine & 1/3 tbsp flaxseed oil)
18:15 – (post-workout meal) 1 can tuna (water based) w/ fat free mayo, 2 slices lite wheat
19:15 – tuna spinach salad (with 1 can tuna, ¼ cup fiber one, 1 hardboiled egg, cucumbers, no salad dressing)
20:15 – Designer whey’s Glycerlean protein (1.25 scoops of the powder mixed with water, creatine & 1/3 tbsp flaxseed oil)

Total calories ~ approx. 2600-2700
Protein ~ approx. 250-290g
Carbs ~ approx. 190-220g (not including approx 30g fiber from cereals & psyllium husk)
Fat ~ approx 60-80g

Supplements:
Protein powder, Creatine, psyllium husk, flaxseed oil, multivitamin
Recently started: 5 mg methyldienolone, ephedra free hydroxycut (9x), milk thistle

Water intake is around ¾ gallon to 1 gallon per day, sometimes more, sometimes less.

I’m checking out different kinds and flavors of protein powder; that’s why I’m using 3 different kinds. All three are low/very low carb, very low fat powders.

As a side note, this diet plan has been changing for a while and has evolved into this. I had been consuming far less calories, ranging from 1800-2200 per day, but that is supposedly too little for a person my size. I know I should chunk the cheerios, but I’m not sure what would be better to put there (from my selection of foods at the galley, that is). As for sleep, I get 7-8 hours, depending on how fast I fall asleep.

Please give me any feedback you can. Thanks!

I'm seeing on the boards here that creatine is no good for fat loss, so I'll try dropping that and see what happens.

Is my calorie intake too high? Its around 11-12x my bodyweight.

WOW. Of the thousands of people on this board, NO ONE has any opinion either way about my diet/training? Not even if my diet/training is total crap?

Anyone? Anyone? Buhler? Buhler?

Last edited:
Ok, I've changed a couple of things... I'm lowering my carbs a little bit by removing the milk and the cheerios, and taking the complete cereal and eating that later @ 9:00 with my chicken and @ 11:00 with my egg. That brings my carbs down to around 175 or so, and calories to the 2400-2500 range.

Any thoughts on my diet would be appreciated....

Looks like you're finding out information by yourself by browsing the boards. ;) I'd say get rid of the bacon and cereal and replace with oatmeal and cottage cheese if you're looking to lose fat. Also, get rid of the Flax seed oil prior to working out.

Otherwise, your p/c/f percentages look good.

I got rid of the cheerios (i guess you could call them gluc-Os ;) ), but I was opting to keep the complete in because it has a pretty high fiber content (5g fiber per serving) and TONS of vitamins/minerals. I'm not a big oatmeal fan, especially since the stuff they serve at my galley is the quaker instant stuff... I'm assuming that the quaker instant stuff wouldn't be much better than my complete. With this in mind, what do you think would be better?

i've been seeing things on steel cut oats... I'm guessing those would be best?

I tend to forget, since it isn't a part of my normal diet, but I sometimes go out and buy some keto hot cereal, which has 17g protein, 12g carb (9g fiber), and 4g fat. How do the steel cut oats compare? (by the way, I could live off the keto hot cereal... banana nut is soooo good... :p )

Last edited:
I have sadly dropped the bacon... :bawling:

What kind of general thumbrule do you follow for estimating BMR? Like bodyweight*15 or so. What range do you find best to keep that multiplier in?

I've been reading a bit about thermorexin & Yohimburn ES... I was thinking of replacing the hydroxycut with those, as I don't see this board raging about hydroxycut...I don't know, is it really that great?

How well does it compare to products like liquid clenbutrx or ephedrine free hydroxycut? Or ECA stacks in general? If it isn't better than an ECA stack, I won't even bother. I'm EXTREMELY resistant to stimulants these days, it seems.

Top Bottom