Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet for a sprinter

Thadon

Here's my normal weekday:
7:00 wake up
8:00 go to school
3:30: School is over
4:00 LIfting/Sprinting Routine(Well, it changes day 2 day) I do my
"Day 1: Bench, Incline, Power Clean, and push press
Day 2: Spirints (3x350's, 4x200's-recovery time 2:00 for the 2's and 3:50 for the 350's), abs (Crunches, reverse Crunches) and pylos (Hurdle Hopping, Box jumps, bounds, depth jumps, tuck jumps) Over head, or Front squats..maybe both.
Day 3: rest
Day 4: Same as Day 1
day 5: Same as Day 2
Weekends: Sprints (3x350's, 4x200's-recovery time 2:00 for the 2's and 3:50 for the 350's), abs (Crunches, reverse Crunches) and pylos (Hurdle Hopping, Box jumps, bounds, depth jumps, tuck jumps) "
That's what i've started doing, I might change it.
Day 1 doesn't take that long, day 2 takes a little more time but they both should be done by 5:30 or 6
Do homework, sometimes.
Go to sleep around 10 or 11.

That's almost everything I do, well some days my routine gets delayed till 5 if i'm doing something else but it still gets done.
So, when should I be eating?
cuz i've heard what you eat at certain times matters..
Here are some foods in my diet now: Bannana's, apples, oranges, strawberries, Milk, Eggs, Oatmeal, Nuts, Protein Shakes, Rice, Chicken (Any meat, mostly chicken and hamburgers), Potatoes, Cauliflower, broccoli, carrots.
thanks for the help

Hey Bud,

First off, good luck with your training, it sounds pretty intense. Alright, now to business. Sprinters use two primary energy systems depending on the exact length of the spring. You use the atp-pc system and glycolytic system. They rely heavily on carbohydrates as fuel, rather than fat, which is used primarily during the oxidative energy system.

You food selections look pretty good, you want to know what to eat, and when to eat it. I would recommend eating a meal with about 65% carbs, 20% protein, and 10% fat about 2 - 4 hours before your training. That should allow time for proper digestion. When eating that far ahead of time, use a complex, low glycemic carbohydrate such as oatmeal, or a yam. And a lite low fat source of protein. Most importantly, use foods that agree with your body, the worst thing to have during training is GI distress!! If you prefer to eat closer to practice such as 1 hour to 15 minutes before, use something a little higher on the glycemic index so its gets into your blood stream a little quicker, but still not to high because you don't want to bonk in the middle of training. Maybe like a banana, some rice, or a power bar. After training, always eat some high glycemic carbs directly after training, to refill your glycogen stores in your muscles so they are ready to go for the next training session.(A great drink is "distance" by GNC or endurox r4. If you are taking creatine, this is a good time to take it(and if you aren't you should look into it because you use that energy system!!) About an hour of so after training eat a nice balanced meal, this is when you want some more low glycemic carbs with a bit more protein........it is also a great time to eat the broccoli and cauliflower you mentioned that you like to include in your daily food intake. A good ratio is something like 40% carb, 40% protein, and 20% fat for that meal. Alright I think I covered pretty much all the bases!! I hope this helps! Any questions, feel free to email me at [email protected]. Good luck and train hard.

Ryan

So, would something like this be good?
Breakfast:
Scrambled Eggs, 2 bananna's, an apple, glass of OJ, Whey Protein W/Milk

Lunch: School food, can't really choose that

3:30: 2 bowls of Oatmeal, Bananna...Protein W/ Milk, and maybe some nuts or tuna..

4:00: Workout

6:30: Chicken (Hamburger, other meats too but I eat those the most), Rice, Vegetables, & some fruit

8:30: Oatmeal...Something else I should eat around this time?

9:30: Take protein w/ Water, bananna and maybe some cottage cheese

10-11: go to sleep

intense i would say. i've found that acutually taking 2 to 3 days off a week, and not doing anything is good. Last year, my winter track coach had us running like 10X400's with a rest of about 2 minutes several times a week. that was just straight overtraining in my opinion. I say rest is just as important as your workouts, but don't slack of couse.

Top Bottom