Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A diet's a diet's a diet, RIGHT???

Oh dear. This is what I feared. It's gonna all come down to how each one of us reacts to carbs/keto, etc.

Never mind, just keep posting, and we're all sure to learn something. :)

here is what I discovered. Body needs constant change. right now I'm on a 300 calorie about maintence level (3300) at ratio of 55% p 15% fat and 30% carbs with 3 days high intenstity cardio 6 meals non trainnng day 7 meals training days. Hit is done at night time do to chance of muscle mass loss on empty stomach in the morning. afte 4 weeks I cut out post work out meal and add another session of cardio in and add in some BCAAS during my work out to protect lean muscle mass from caloire deficit. do this for 2 weeks then I will go back to gaining phase for a nother 2 weeks but iincreae caloires 500 above mainatence and repeat process for 2 more weeks then go back to cutting for one. this goes fro 70 days and see what. this seems to keep me at a lower percent body fat and gain lean muscle mass. Goal is 7-8 lbs over 70 days solid ! while building stregnth with a power lifting routine.

when i get ready for my show starting 12 weeks out I switch to a 50 /30f 20 c ratio at mainece and cardio 3 days a week HIT with a refeed on m, th but not all day just one meal before bed time Comprisioing of 1.5 cup oatmeal dry 10 oz yam 1 cup veggies and 1 tablespoon flax. every 2 weeks I drop caloires and may be add another seesion of cardio in but refeed stays the same.
8 weeks out all protein shakes get cut out and diary products.cardio is a 4 days a week HIT but moved to morining with 10 grams BCAAS taken before to prevenet break down caloires goto 2700-2800

week 6 caloires stay same and add another session of cardio but it will be 2 sesions hit to 3 sessioin of moderate intensity in the morning with BCAAS before and after.

week 4 calories are now at 2500-2600 caloires with refeeds !!
REfeeds you will be counting down for at this point. may be add another session of cardio at 30 minutes moderate.

I will ride this in to show and see where adjustments will be made.

I eat alot of strawlberries and pinneapple during regular days.
carbs at thi point are around 75 complex and about 50 =70 fiberous

personaly I found that between 400-450 is my threshhold of caloires where it will not make me bloated at all. every 3 hours because it take me a good 20 minutes to eat my food. when dieintgn think about it 8 oz flank steak, yam, 1 cup strawlberries or a stinking protein shake? Tough choice !!

During dieting I would suggest alot of BCAAS before and after cardio and before during and after weight training.

4 weeks out glutemine gets cuts becuase it can make you smooth looking and off set your insulin levels. Philophy of what I use is keeping insulin levels as stable as possible and spiking them only last meal on refeeds With ( 1000 mgs ALA) wake up looking like a new person. if you want to do HIt cardio after refeeds be perefect time, but I like to later at night on my days off !!

Hardasnails: I would have thought it would make more sense to spike insulin levels on the FIRST meal of your refeed, since that's when your muscles will be most primed to suck up as much glycogen as possible.

Also, how does glutamine spike insulin any more than normal protein on a low-mod carb diet?

Some summary points otherwise: refeeds + ALA = great!

BCAA's and glutamine very important when dieting - pre and post cardio and weight training.

Steel, once again you are going to get a "depends on the individual" sort of response.

For example, I cannot do a straight keto for a variety of reasons, including injuries. TKD gives me incredible cravings. High carbs make me sluggish.

CKD's work great for me. No trouble maintaining strength. By day 3 of 0 carbs, my endurance is terrible, but then I am not an endurance athlete, so this is not a big deal.

My wife does quite well on a diet of about 50% protein, 30% carbs, and 20% fat, with the fat mostly coming from healthy sources. If she needs to cut to make weight, she will cut calories first from fats, then carbs if necessary.

plornive said:
EC is so very useful, but can cause repetetive crashes if used too long.

Taking

How so? Ephedra is a non specific beta agonist.

Lumbuss said:

How so? Ephedra is a non specific beta agonist.
I'm not exactly sure how. It seems to make me go hypoglycemic and get kind of sleepy (crash) if I have been taking it too long. My workouts go down the tubes while I am still dependent.

Top Bottom