Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

diet question - post workout question Mr.X need your opinion

MrRTTB

I know one should take high GI carbs post workout with protein for muscle growth. This is what I would like to know: If I instead of eating fast GI carbs postworkout(this diet is for maintaining muscle mass and maintaining fat, do not need lower or higher fat) would eat slow GI(oatmeal and some rye bread) as my lunch, would this be.
This is what I would eat(again not for muscle growth or fatloss, just need to know if this might be "ok" or if the fat/with slow carbs would make be put on fat)

Breakfast(before training): Oatmeal 80g, 70g ryebread, 100g chickenbreast, 15g caseinprotein

Post workout(my lunch taken 15 minutes after workout):
Oatmeal 80g, 70g ryebread, 150g chickenbreast, 15g caseinprotein(I do not have any Whey protein for the moment)
This almost contains 10g fat but good fats from the oatmeal and flax seeds in the rye bread. The chicken is almost fat free.

Some say the body will store fat taken after your workout, but would this above be "ok"..? I eat High GI carbs 2 times per week, that is when I workout the bodyparts that I prioritate. I take 100g high GI carbs with 60g protein.

ok, but I think it depends on what type of training you do. I really feel I need carbs with a high GI index post workout if I train with a bit higher reps of 8-12 reps per set. But if I lift heavy, 4-6 reps I never feel this. I've tried both eating carbs post workout and not eating any carbs at all, the difference in eating high GI carbs post workout high reps compared to no carbs low reps is pretty close. I red an article about this and it seems to fit. If you carb deplete with High reps you would need the extra carbs postworkout. But If one eat a big pre workout meal, with lots of carbs that are very slow and lots of slow protein(80g carbs - 60g protein) and do low reps heavy and lower sets one wouldn not need as much carbs post workout.

Don't get me wrong or anything. I'm not saying low carbs post workout always are a good thing. But as I'm just after a good meal postworkout, with carbs and protein, and the time for this often is lunchtime. I thought this might be a nice way getting a good postworkout meal, woithout gaining fat from it.

The body is a strange thing sometimes. I know people eating fat post workout(only fat and some protein) and they are not using a high fat diet either. They seem to get better results thisway.

OH shit Alfons are you contradicting the SwoleCat damn boy if that motherfucker tells me to do a head stand and whistle dixie with a finger in my nose will help me lose weight then thats what im gonna do.

PopiChulo said:
OH shit Alfons are you contradicting the SwoleCat damn boy if that motherfucker tells me to do a head stand and whistle dixie with a finger in my nose will help me lose weight then thats what im gonna do.

LOL ( I bet you are serious too!)

I know SC knows what he is talking about. I know I do to. But sometimes people like us, diet helpers/nutrition writers or whatever to call us, needs to hear what others have to say. Not that they are right, or that we always are. But by doing this one envolves and might learn new things. Or atleast one poat can lead to a discussion where things from data/articles from other parts of the world are published, word of mouth etc etc.
Also remember this, things are not always what they seem to be. Just because someone ask one question this doesn't have to mean this person have the absolute answear, he/she might ask the question to find out what others know about it, but in a different approach.

Alfons said:
I know one should take high GI carbs post workout with protein for muscle growth. This is what I would like to know: If I instead of eating fast GI carbs postworkout(this diet is for maintaining muscle mass and maintaining fat, do not need lower or higher fat) would eat slow GI(oatmeal and some rye bread) as my lunch, would this be.
This is what I would eat(again not for muscle growth or fatloss, just need to know if this might be "ok" or if the fat/with slow carbs would make be put on fat)

Breakfast(before training): Oatmeal 80g, 70g ryebread, 100g chickenbreast, 15g caseinprotein

Post workout(my lunch taken 15 minutes after workout):
Oatmeal 80g, 70g ryebread, 150g chickenbreast, 15g caseinprotein(I do not have any Whey protein for the moment)
This almost contains 10g fat but good fats from the oatmeal and flax seeds in the rye bread. The chicken is almost fat free.

Some say the body will store fat taken after your workout, but would this above be "ok"..? I eat High GI carbs 2 times per week, that is when I workout the bodyparts that I prioritate. I take 100g high GI carbs with 60g protein.

I would say the oatmeal is such a low-GI carbohydrate, considering the fiber saturation involved, that I would not use it as a post workout replenishment product.

Althought I have a hard time understanding your goals from your post, I would guess you are trying to diet for maximum fat-loss. Am I correct?

If you are, then you can keep overall daily carb intake low, while only taking in high-gi carbohydrates spaced around your workout. Meaning short time before, and a short time after, which will 1) help the workout intensity 2) help the postworkout recover phase.

I highly doubt that the postworkout carbs would be stored as fat, assuming you did more then one ste, you should not worry about the fat-gains. Just remember to stick to a no/ver low fat post workout regime w/ whey proteins and high-gi carbs. The maximum results will yield from the 'fastest' working products, so to speak.

Mr.X

Top Bottom