Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

diet myths true or false?

hollandsmall

what do you guys think about the following diet myths: 1. fat is bad for you. 2. carbs are bad for you. I see a lot of this in the grocery store with fat free or low fat on everything. i also hear people always say they can't eat BLANK because they are avoiding carbs. even things like vegetables are off limits to them.

look up the blue zones of the world and then look at what they eat

1. they eat tons of good fats
2. they eat their share of carbs but they are good carbs. in Okinawa they eat sweet potatoes like Americans eat big macs.

and the people of the blue zones are the healthiest on the planet.

again there are good fats and bad fats. there are also good carbs and bad carbs. if it came from natural and is non processed and pure/organic then it is going to be good

amazingly good fats will not spike blood sugar or reduce insulin sensitivity. American diet typically consumes 0% good fats a day. in the blue zones 40-60% of their diets are good fats. go figure

different foods partition differently in the body. unrefined coconut oil will NOT have the same effects in your body as restaurant refined oils and a sweet potato will not have the same effects as a cake. it does NOT matter if they both are the same macros or calories!!!

I think taking such foods upto a certain limit can not be harmful. But usually some foods cause urge to eat more, and that can harm your fitness and health.

I like to keep things very simple. I eat mainly meat/eggs for protein and lots of veggies. If I have a snack it will usually be some fruit or some nuts. I stay away from processed foods, especially processed carbs. That is pretty much it. The more you overthink things the harder it will be to stick to it. I honestly find alcohol the biggest issue for most people who struggle with diet.

look up the blue zones of the world and then look at what they eat

1. they eat tons of good fats
2. they eat their share of carbs but they are good carbs. in Okinawa they eat sweet potatoes like Americans eat big macs.

and the people of the blue zones are the healthiest on the planet.

again there are good fats and bad fats. there are also good carbs and bad carbs. if it came from natural and is non processed and pure/organic then it is going to be good

amazingly good fats will not spike blood sugar or reduce insulin sensitivity. American diet typically consumes 0% good fats a day. in the blue zones 40-60% of their diets are good fats. go figure

different foods partition differently in the body. unrefined coconut oil will NOT have the same effects in your body as restaurant refined oils and a sweet potato will not have the same effects as a cake. it does NOT matter if they both are the same macros or calories!!!

I use to believe a carb was a carb regardless of the source. In 2014 i use an extreme version of IIFYM, mainly using marshmallows, peeps, sherbert, candy corn etc as my carb sources. This idiotic approach landed me in the hospital. Chose wisely my friends,

what do you guys think about the following diet myths: 1. fat is bad for you. 2. carbs are bad for you. I see a lot of this in the grocery store with fat free or low fat on everything. i also hear people always say they can't eat BLANK because they are avoiding carbs. even things like vegetables are off limits to them.
None of it is bad for you, and all of it can be bad for you at the same time. It comes down to your macros and making them work. Eat too much of anything and it's a bad thing. Too little can be a bad thing too. Have a properly balanced macro ratio and hit your numbers

Good fats= good in moderation
Bad fats= bad
Carbs are good for you as long as they are low GI carbs don’t overdue them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good fats= good in moderation
Bad fats= bad
Carbs are good for you as long as they are low GI carbs don’t overdue them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well said.
however some high GI carbs are also good in moderation.

Top Bottom