Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

diet to help heal injury?

lwgy

im rehabing a sprained tendon in my arm. the doc said i should expect to do another 2 months of rehab before i will have my full strength back. i was wondering if it was ok to go on a low carb cutting diet while my arm is healing. will the low carbs affect the rate of recovery? thanks.

^^^^^

I am in a similar situation (rotator cuff) and find it is an ideal time to cut (since I cannot lift heavy and bulk). However, I have heard from several people on this board that the body needs the carbs and other nutrients for full recovery. Bump for other views.

lwgy said:
im rehabing a sprained tendon in my arm. the doc said i should expect to do another 2 months of rehab before i will have my full strength back. i was wondering if it was ok to go on a low carb cutting diet while my arm is healing. will the low carbs affect the rate of recovery? thanks.

During a time of rehabilitation your body is in dire need of anabolic hormones to rebuild the lost/tore tendons and the body is trying hard to avoid catabolism. Thus, Low-carb diets which are designed around the catabolic hormone Glucagon are NOT efficient for recover purposes. So, I suggest against it.

Mr.X

Top Bottom