Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

diet help

venomouss

I would like to be at 10% body fat and as much muscle thickness as possible. My stats 40yrs 6'1 252lbs waist is 38' , i have no idea what my body fat is if i had to guess 15%. I have never been 10% bodyfat or below and that is my goal(sparing as much muscle as possible. Right now I can lightly see my upper and middle abs,some separation in my legs. My legs, back and chest
are my gifted body parts...my girl says i have horse legs and says my back is like these giant wings, my chest is thick...makes sense because my 3 favorite excersizes since i was 15yrs old are floor deads, squats and barbell bench press..Also, in november i came off a 2 year cycle of just test enth. 250mgs every 6 days. At that time i maintained a bloated 275 lbs and my diet was shitty. I have done different kinds of cycles on and off for years, but never with a great diet, because i wanted to see how big i could get and how much weight i could lift, so i didn't care about diet the biggest i got was 278lbs 42' waist and was well super strong..Stupid i know ya live and learn and get smarter.. I'M natural right now and have been since nov. 09 and want to see how lean and muscular i can get and 10%BF or under.

A few years ago naturally, i got to down to 209lbs on really a starvation diet, and people thought i was dying i looked sick...here's the break down i diet like this from monday to Friday. Saturday and sunday i eat what ever i want, but never large portions (i don't gorge) also i never eat after 6:00pm on sat. and sun. I don't have a sweet tooth so even on the weekends i
never drink soda or eat candy,cake, ice cream, luckly my body requires no sweets...lol well maybe i eat ice cream once a year or have cake at a birthday but you get the picture...
Couple other thoughts;i guess if i want to get 10% and below i guess i have to cut out one of my cheat days.Also i'm going to re-incorporate my after workout drink. why i stopped no idea..stupid i know I have a drink i like it
replenishes me and i never feel bloated.

one scoop;
Monster maize,
calories 160,
carb 40
sugar 1g

one scoop
optimum whey cals 120,
fat 1g,
carb 4,
protien 24.
so total after workout drink is 280 cals, 24 grams protien, 40 grams carbs waxy maize, fat 1, sugar1. add these numbers to my daily intake would put me at Calories 1975, protien 267, carbs 107 and fat 45. i also drink a gallon of water every day.

Calories 1695, Protien 243, carbs 67, fat 44.

7:30am Protien shake 2 scoops calories 240 48 grams protien 8 grams Carbohydrates 2 fat

9:30am 1/2 cup plain oat meal calories 150 5 grams protien 27 grams carbohydrates .5

10:30am Peanutbutter (4tblspoon) Calories 380 14 grams Protien 14 grams carbohydrates 32 fat
3 egg whites Calories 51 10.5 protien 0 grams carbohydrates .3

1:00pm 8oz chicken breast Calories 260 48 grams protien 0 grams carbohydrates 2 fat
1 cup broccoli calories 31 3 grams protien 6 grams carbohydrates 2 fat

2:30pm 3 egg whites Calories 51 10.5 protien 0 grams carbohydrates .3

4:00pm Protien shake Calories 210 50 grams protien 0 grams carbohydrates 1 fat

6:30pm 8oz chicken breast Calories 260 48 grams protien 0 grams of carbohydrates 2 fat
2 cups broccoli Calories 62 6 grams protien 12 grams of carbohydrates 2

7:30pm - 8:30pm Work out DC training Mon - wed - fri i don't do any cardio...

no after workout drink...

10:00pm Sleeping - wake up next day 6:45am

Okay here it all is diet gurus FIRE AWAY... oh and thanks.

Ok my friend I will do my best to help:

If you want to get to 10% bodyfat you have to be more disciplined on weekends. Don't eat whatever you want on Sat and Sunday. Limit it to one well timed cheat meal per week. Well timed means to indulge when you are coming off a fast, or right after a long hard workout. this is because your body will use most of the food up because it needs it and will store excess glucose as glycogen and not as much fat. also try to do this earlier in the day so you have a chance to burn it off.

I only glanced over your diet and didn't really analyze it but I will say this. You should eat more calories. In order to spare muscle you have to eat a lot of protein and keep the calorie intake close, but just below, maintenance. You are a massive guy at 6'1 252. If you eat only 1900 calories a day you are too far off your maintence calories i would think. I did a quick calculation and your maintenance calories should be over 3000 depending on how active you are. So this means to eat at least 2500 calories a day, maybe more. you generally want to eat 500 calories less than your maintenance calories.

As for lifting and cardio this is very important. You should do cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach 3-5 times a week. Do it for 30-45 minutes and wait at least 30 minutes after cardio to eat. Do it at a low intensity, 65% of max heart rate to avoid muscle loss. also lift very hard and disciplined. you have to lift to keep your muscle mass on.

supplements: i recommend a lot of BCAAs. they are great at preserving muscle. also some EAAs maybe but that isnt entirely necessary.

now for the diet content. Losing fat and sparing muscle can be done in a lot of different ways but the one way I am having a lot of success with is using Jay Cutler's pre Olympia diet. It is basically a low carb, HIGH protein and minimal fats diet. It goes like this:

Meals 1, 2 and 3 contain complex carbs and meat. the first meal of the day is highest in carbs. so for example:

7:00 am- cardio 30 minutes

8:00 am- 10 g BCAA, 8-10 oz chicken breast, 70-80 g of a carb source (this can be a moderate digesting carb since it is coming off a long fast and cardio. so it can be white rice or something like that. or skim milk. i like skim milk at this time because it has some whey protein in it which is good to have after a long fast. but you decide what you like and go for it.)

10:30 am- 10 oz chicken breast, 40-50 g carbs from a complex carb (slow digesting carb) like ezekiel bread or something that digests slowly

1: 00 pm- similar to meal 2

3:30 pm- similar to meal 2 and 3

now for the rest of the day taper off carbs. this may be difficult since you are lifting late in the day. but try it and see if you can lift with good intensity. if not then slowly add some more carbs into later meals. but make sure to continue to eat a lot of protein. at your size i would eat at least 60 g protein a meal with a digestive enzyme like bromelain to help digest the protein. protein is key to help you retain your muscle mass.

i would also eat 10 g BCAA 3 times a day. once after cardio, once after lifting, and once before bed. BCAAs are great at retaining muscle.

now for post lifting you need to eat something to avoid muscle breakdown. so as an example:

8:30 pm- 10 g BCAA with 35 g whey protein.

then, an hour later, eat 10 oz chicken breast (or fish, or egg whites, or turkey, basically a lean protein source). then right before bed have another 10 g BCAA.

Hope this helps I did my best. :D

i think the best method i its not a rushed cut is to keep all o your meals balanced aside from post w/o where you will be consuming a shake with airly high carbs. you start with the diet you have and shave off any junk. after that you cut carbs 20% at a time. once you stop making progress cut another 20%. 40mins cardio as soon as you get up before you eat 3-5 days per weak.

i you already have a solid diet than just alter your current diet.

doing a dc with no food afterwards is never a good thing. its not a good program to be on while cutting.

Top Bottom