Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet friendly drinks in pub?

Nurba_kz

I am a frequent visitor atour local pub, where we met with our friends, and have a really nicetime socializing there. It is our culture that you do your sociallife in pubs, so I can not avoid it – that's just how things are.So, I am looking for some drinks that I can take without hurting myform too much. What drinks are the most diet friendly in a bar?

You gotta be a Brit like me. Yanks say pub but more usually bar. Pub is THE word for where we go here.

Anyway... there are low calorie beers (look at any which are 3% ABV ore less). The stronger the beer or spirit the more kcals in it (alcohol is a form of sugar... 9 kcals a gram I think).

Ther obvious thing to do is, if you HAVE TO drink, is take a shot (say gin) and have a LOT of mixer with it (shed load of tonic then). Stay out of rounds and drink slow. What I've done is also have one normal drink followed by one which is a mixer only. It looks the same and unless you mention it no one knows whats what.

Or just go and drink mixers only. There are plenty of low calorie or diet mixers. A diet coke and ice is ok. As would be a Orange juice and ice. The best is probably a tonic water and lemonade with ice.

The best thing is not to drink for good, but if you absolutely need to, then I guess @stevemobster has given you some interesting advice. The problem is that the drinks that contain alcohol will have calories due to the sugars needed for fermenation. On the other hand, alcohol-free drinks usually have a good bunch of additives in order to make them taste authentic. So it is a complicated situation no matter how you look at it.

Just because you are at a bar doesn't mean you have to drink alcohol.

I am a very social person but don't consume alcohol. Whenever I am out with friends, I will get club soda with a lemon wedge. It looks like you are drinking but it has no calories and is alcohol free.

Just make sure you get an actual lemon/lime wedge and NOT bar lime. Bar lime is actually margarita mix and full of sugar.

Nothing wrong with a drink or 2 each week but you don't want to be drinking every day or having like 6+ every weekend. The best choice would be something like vodka or gin with a zero calorie mixer as far as calories.

Top Bottom